Talk

Advanced search

Photography beginner

(4 Posts)
Peekabooooo Sat 06-Oct-12 19:56:49

Hi everyone,
I would like to start a new hobbie in photography. I originally thought I would do an online or evening course, however when I have looked into them they are more expensive than I had realised.
Can anyone recommend any websites that would be useful to me in teaching me the basics and also that I can get advice and tips from.
TYIA

FaintingGoat Sat 06-Oct-12 22:07:28

Watching with interest as I'm in the same position. I'm told I have a good eye for composition but I don't know any of the terms or anything.

Peekabooooo Sun 07-Oct-12 10:10:57

I had thought of getting the digital photography for dummies book, or may have a look at the library for related books. Googled a few bits but honestly don't know where I want to start.
Read my camera's instruction manual last night and that gave me some good tips but need more.

VintageAxeWeldingPboredWarrior Sun 07-Oct-12 10:58:52

I've spent a few years studying photography and even have shock horror qualifications as a photographer.

If you can't afford a course then look into local groups, most places have them, and join up. Check out who takes the better photographs and ask them to show you tips/help out cake might be good for bribes

There are lots of magazines available too, read a few and see which is preferable for you.

A good tip is to think outside the box wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now