Talk

Advanced search

1 metre of Cath Kidston fabric- ideas on presents for 2 boys

(11 Posts)
Melfish Sat 06-Oct-12 17:26:08

I've been rummaging through my fabric collection and found a metre of the Cath Kidston racing car fabric in blue. 2 friends have had little boys a few months ago. I would like to use the fabric for presents for them, can anyone give me some ideas what to do? The fabric is quite thick cotton.
Thought about cushions but is that a bit too boring?

Craftyone Sat 06-Oct-12 17:31:05

Combine with some plain fabric and make a beanbag?

iklboo Sat 06-Oct-12 17:32:31

Funky cuddly toys?

FriskyMarkCavendish Sat 06-Oct-12 17:36:29

Probably not going to explain myself very well, but padded initial letters?

Melfish Sat 06-Oct-12 17:53:12

Know what u mean about the letters, seen some examples on the internet. They look rather good. Re beanbags, how do u stop them leaking? had a bag of foam 'beads' and a john lewis case under my beanbag cover and the thing always leaked whenever you sat on it!

SilverSixpence Sat 06-Oct-12 17:54:16

How about one of those wall organisers with pockets? Or a drawstring bag for PJs/gym kit

Melfish Sat 06-Oct-12 18:05:32

I like the drawstring bag idea, it sounds relatively simple and could be useful. Thanks for all yr ideas, you've given me some food for thought. Just gotta finish knitting the world's slowest sock!

RueDeWakening Sat 06-Oct-12 18:18:29

A car hanger (for matchbox style cars)? One that hangs on a clothes hanger, a bit like a peg bag but longer and with pockets sewn across it.

Probably not explaining myself very well... grin

BertieBotts Sat 06-Oct-12 18:32:11

Ooh that sounds good, Rue. DS could do with one of those, he has a million cars!

SoupDragon Sun 07-Oct-12 08:27:56

I'm sure I've seen car rolls before... a roll up mat with little pockets for toy cars so they are contained/transportable.

SoupDragon Sun 07-Oct-12 08:29:38

Here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now