Talk

Advanced search

Bath bombs

(3 Posts)
ScariestFairyByFar Sat 06-Oct-12 13:52:50

Has anyone made these looking for gifts for the staff at dd's nursery, but lush is just too expensive!

LondonInBoots Sat 06-Oct-12 14:28:47

2 part baking powder to 1 part citric acid (from chemists), coconut oil (asda or an African/Indian supermarket, its a hair product) and flavouring oil.

Sift together the dry, add the flavouring oil (vanilla or almond are nice), and just enough coconut oil to make it clump like damp sand, its also nice to add a bit of cocoa or shea butter. A pong pong ball cut in half makes a good mould and the bomb is not too large, cut it in half, fill both halves with the mix and squeeze shut, take it out and leave to dry out - work quickly as it dries fast.

You can colour it or add fine glitter too but that depends on who you're giving it too - will they appreciate cleaning that out of the bath?

sagelynodding Sat 06-Oct-12 14:36:09

These are on my to do list for Christmas too! I am using either an ice cube tray or a small muffin tin to make small ones to put into nice jars.

I read somewhere that you should use witch hazel and a fine mist water squirter to not make the mix too wet.

Can I add a couple of drops of food colouring, or will it stain the bath??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now