Talk

Advanced search

Cross stitchers; help needed please!

(6 Posts)
FloydieDoydie Sat 06-Oct-12 00:12:21

I need to fins somewhere I can buy small square/round and/or heartshaped doilies for cross stitching... Something like these, but from a uk online store:

I bought a kit from the US a few years ago and it had these in, I recently put one in a frame and friends are asking me to make them for them - i just can't seem to find them (although as cross stitch isn't my main craft, maybe I'm just not finding the right stores! grin

SoupDragon Sat 06-Oct-12 07:47:29

I found these and there seem to be similar ones made by Anchor.

I just love a good google challenge. They don't have the decorative border the one in your link had though. they have holes round the edge to add a crochet border if you can do that.

itsstillgood Sat 06-Oct-12 12:41:21

Ordinary fabric and waste canvas? Or the soluble stuff whose name escapes me...
I can only find the ones without a border.

FloydieDoydie Sat 06-Oct-12 16:04:23

Thanks for the link Soup but unfortunately those are for crocheting on to.

I need aida fabric in the middle, with a decorative crochet-y border.confused

I can find loads of aida, but none with this sort finished edge in nice small shapes. I can't even find stocks of them from a US store as a last resort!

SoupDragon Sat 06-Oct-12 16:16:26

Hmm... I thought the edges were for crocheting and the centre was an aida type fabric.

SoupDragon Sat 06-Oct-12 16:19:01

The centres are something called "evenweave"... isn't that similar? You could sew a bought border on if you can't crochet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now