Talk

Advanced search

Kirstie's Vintage Home - will it be on tv?

(21 Posts)
chocolateteabag Fri 05-Oct-12 00:02:26

So her new book is out soon and preordered does this mean Kirstie will be on our our screens soon?
I need at least a Christmas special - last years repeat won't cut it

Looked on Channel 4 but can find nothing

achillea Fri 05-Oct-12 00:05:22

Oh please. God no.

MrsTwinks Fri 05-Oct-12 00:16:30

Yup. and another christmas special. no air date yet thou

SoupDragon Fri 05-Oct-12 08:26:53

I have to confess that her series where she went into other peoples homes and steered them towards "vintage" furniture and homemade things changed the way I furnish my home. I've pretty much stopped buying chain store stuff and now frequent a large secondhand furniture place instead. My home looks far better.

chocolateteabag Fri 05-Oct-12 17:21:29

Yay!! (sorry achillea)

I love her - I know her crafty stuff can be a bit twee but she's inspired me to have a crack at lots of different things myself. Some have been a bit meh (blew my own glass bauble - but it's far too heavy to go any where near a tree) but I have managed finally to get to grips with knitting and I'm on a mosaic course on Sunday

Will keep scouring the TV guide then....

achillea Sat 06-Oct-12 07:51:19

A craft programme is a great idea, so not knocking it, but her,show seems to ne more about her and Phil than much practical use.

I think Kirsty is the marmite of the crafting world, but I do enjoy watching her programmes, albeit with a hefty dose of jealousy that she gets such easy access to all these expert crafters who share their knowledge with her, one-to-one. And I do enjoy her enthusiasm - so I am on the side of those looking forward to more Kirsty-ness on the tv!

SoupDragon Sat 06-Oct-12 08:43:26

Was Phil in the craft shows? confused

SoupDragon Sat 06-Oct-12 08:46:17

As well as changing my shopping habits to avoid furnishing my entire house form Ikea, I treated myself to some lovely purple baubles from Shakspeare glass, where Kirstie made her one. I did not, however, blow my own so I am a little jealous of chocolateteabag envy

Me too - glasscrafts are on the list of things I'd love to have a go at.

SoupDragon Sat 06-Oct-12 09:05:52

<<looks at list>>

Hmmm... I don't think there's actually anything not on the list of crafts I"d like to have a go at grin

No - I think you are right, SoupDragon - I can't think of any offhand, either! grin

What I need is a local college offering a comprehensive list of short courses in all the crafts, so I can go and do lots of small projects without having to buy all the gubbins (though taking up a new craft is an excellent shopping opportunity [blush).

MrsZoidberg Sat 06-Oct-12 11:24:01

For my DH's 40th I booked him a taster session at Shakspeare glass as a surprise grin

He absolutely loved it, didn't do too bad a job, and wants the full day for his next birthday grin

The taster session isn't too bad a price, but I guess you need to live near Taunton for it to be worth it.

achillea Sun 07-Oct-12 15:36:12

Phil was in the craft shows doing cameo appearances occasionally.

tutu100 Sun 07-Oct-12 17:36:04

Last year i think there was a 4 part series of Phil and Kirstie's Christmas. They did parties and made a honey glazed ham IIRC.

achillea Sun 07-Oct-12 17:45:13

That'll be the one. There were lots of parties.

Molehillmountain Mon 08-Oct-12 00:30:09

Not sure macramé really gets me going, but apart from that I'd do anything (craft wise) smile

melobrien Mon 08-Oct-12 11:40:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SoupDragon Mon 08-Oct-12 11:52:05

You need to pay to advertise here.

mezzler Tue 09-Oct-12 13:41:20

the vintage home series starts on thursday 8th november! (just seen a tweet from kirstie a)

chocolateteabag Thu 11-Oct-12 22:59:36

Yay yay yay thanks Mezzler thanks

Oh and I did my glass bauble at the Glass centre in Sunderland - def worth the trip if anyone is close to it

.... Off to go mark calendar for Nov

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now