Talk

Advanced search

crochet beginners kit

(4 Posts)
biff23 Wed 03-Oct-12 18:02:02

I'd really love to learn to crochet. Can anyone recommend a kit/book for complete beginners. I've had a look on amazon but being a novice it's all a bit confusing.

Thanks

Crochet Unravelled. I think you can get a kit but TBH just the booklet, a 4mm hook and a ball of DK acrylic or wool to practice with is all you need to get started.

Plus Youtube now and then when you get stuck - watch out for them using American terms though - same stitches but different names in USA compared to UK. I am still rubbish but I finally understood how to make the stitches with that book - it''s only a thick booklet, about £6. But it is proper step-by-step.

ByTheWay1 Wed 03-Oct-12 19:49:41

Try the art of crochet magazine - you can still get from issue 1 if you subscribe - I am loving it so far - I am a beginner - issue 1 comes with a hook, balls of wool (one for practise and one for a square that you build into a blanket) and most importantly a DVD as well as the magazine with a stitch guide etc.

Really good for learning. www.theartofcrochet.com/

biff23 Fri 05-Oct-12 17:51:19

Thank you ladies. I bought the basics and went to you tube today. Also got a book from library but found it difficult to follow. Think I'll get crochet unravelled and I'll have a look at the subscription.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now