Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a crochet pattern for a wrap cardigan?

(16 Posts)
PurplePidjin Tue 02-Oct-12 21:14:52

<sob story> My mum bought me a gorgeous Fenn Wright and Manson cardi (in tkmaxx but still!) that was meant to last the rest of my pregnancy and through breast feeding. Except I popped it on my friend's pushchair for 5 minutes on Sunday and some fucker half-inched it </sob story>

Can anyone suggest a free pattern for a crocheted wrap cardigan? I have enough acrylic dk, just need a good pattern. Ravelry has failed me - either wildly over-complicated or not in English.

thanks

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 03-Oct-12 17:21:11

I haven't got one myself but found this on tinternet when googling for something else. I doesn't look too complicated. <famous last words>

Wrap cardigan

PurplePidjin Wed 03-Oct-12 17:28:42

S'luffly but i need something to wrap over a bump.

I may be impossible to please at this stage <still blaming Ravelry for not having the perfect pattern, though>

FrankWippery Wed 03-Oct-12 17:48:08

Hahahahaha! I was just going to come on and post 'You need that Pidj for this'. Fat lot of good that advice would have been grin

PurplePidjin Wed 03-Oct-12 18:13:31

Thanks, Frank! I shall take that as the ultimate compliment grin

FrankWippery Wed 03-Oct-12 22:09:23

grin Yep, you should!

Daisybell1 Thu 04-Oct-12 10:46:44

I've been thinking about this Pidjin. Do you mean wrap as in one with long tails that you wrap around your body and tie? Or just overlaps?

If it's the first I've got one at home. It's not homemade but I could have a look at it and give you dimensions. I wonder if you could do it in triple or extended triple crochet following the pattern for the back and sleeves of any crocheted cardie. And then for the front make a long chain and just decrease a stitch on one edge each row? Or am I completely over-simplifying it?

PurplePidjin Thu 04-Oct-12 12:17:17

Just big overlaps to cover bump/baby in sling/breast feeding.

The offer is much appreciated but I'm not sure I'm up to writing a pattern, I'm 8 weeks from my due date with a huuuuuuuuuge WIP list! Normally I'd jump at the chance smile

PurpleKittyKnitting Thu 04-Oct-12 17:20:11

I have one in a book I have, let me go check it....

PurpleKittyKnitting Thu 04-Oct-12 17:21:50

It is one I want to do myself but need to learn a bit more crochet first!

The book is called Cool Girls guide to Crochet by Nicki Trench, I got it mega cheap from The Works

Want a photo?

PurplePidjin Thu 04-Oct-12 17:29:49

Yes please! thanks

PurpleKittyKnitting Thu 04-Oct-12 17:31:15

OK!! :D

PurpleKittyKnitting Thu 04-Oct-12 17:43:17

OK, here goes, I have put it on flickr!

crochet wrap cardigan

PurpleKittyKnitting Thu 04-Oct-12 17:44:12

Keep scrolling down and there are 2 other photos!

PurplePidjin Thu 04-Oct-12 17:53:51

sad i need the dreaded waterfall effect, that's beautiful but not going to cover me at current shape

PurpleKittyKnitting Thu 04-Oct-12 18:02:56

OK!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now