Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

That's it ! have finally given up on the Debbie Bliss cable baby blanket, I can bear into more

(6 Posts)
outtolunchagain Sat 29-Sep-12 22:56:29

Have been trying to get this started for a week now and have lost count of how many times I have had to back track or frog bits. In theory it's quite easy but there is just do much counting and I seem to get a mistake almost every row . I think it's because every row seems to have a different combination,or maybe I've just lost the ability to count .

Has anyone else had this problem with this pattern

sprucedup Sun 30-Sep-12 00:49:38

I have to write Debbie bliss patterns out row by row. I tried some simple booties and restarted so many times I finally sacked it off. The aviator hat is doable though, makes a nice newborn gift.

outtolunchagain Sun 30-Sep-12 10:18:41

I think I am going to do the Sunny blanket from ravelry,much more simple and understated . Pity though because I generally really like cabling, have just made the milamia cabled cushion and am really pleased with it, just couldn't seem to get the pattern for this one fixed in my brain.

tribpot Sun 30-Sep-12 10:28:54

Assuming it's this one I can see how that would be a right pain to keep track of sad

Have you thought about putting the pattern into Excel so you can keep track of it/colour lines in as you go?

The sunny one is lovely, it should be pretty quick to knit up if not the most interesting thing to knit. For most recipients of knitted gifts, though, (a) it's the thought that counts and (b) they're so impressed you actually can knit the technical complexity of the piece is lost in the 'OMG' factor of it existing at all!

outtolunchagain Sun 30-Sep-12 10:37:34

Yes I know , I just need something I can crack in with I think , have another friends baby due near Xmas so might have another go at the cable one when I have a bit more time, just finding at the moment that I am only managing to grab a bit if time here and there and so something simple may be better. Good idea about Excel

tribpot Sun 30-Sep-12 11:58:00

Ah yes, if you're stopping and starting you definitely need a pattern that's easier to memorise. I've just finished one that's basically like this - the version with horizontal borders as well as vertical ones. I did the hearts alternating purl-on-knit then knit-on-purl to make it a bit more fun to do, but so easy you don't even need a pattern.

The ripple is also very easy once you get into the pattern but there is an error in the original - my project notes have some info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now