Talk

Advanced search

Any sewing/textile project book or website recommendations please?

(4 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Sat 29-Sep-12 16:08:45

DD has a sewing machine and loves making things. Not just straight forward sewing but all sorts of textile type projects.

She has Made By Me and has enjoyed making a few bits from there and made some bunting but can anyone recommend any other books or websites please.

(DD is nearly 13).

Thanks

MisForMumNotMaid Sat 29-Sep-12 16:11:48

one yard wonders it is complete with patterns if this is the one I'm thinking of. I brought it for my sis who really loved it.

fossil97 Sat 29-Sep-12 16:14:44

No affiliation, but how about she has a look at lucykate's blog and on the righthand side, her books.

Amy Butler website has lots of free projects, also (although some are a bit matronly) the Goodhousekeeping/Prima website www.allaboutyou.com

NorbertDentressangle Sat 29-Sep-12 16:46:17

Thanks for those ideas.

I particularly like the look of the One Yard Wonders book which I might get for her birthday. If DD has a book of ideas she's more likely to flick through and make something that takes her fancy as she's got the instructions and images in front of her.

In the meantime I might look at some of the websites and narrow down a few possible projects for her and print them off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now