Advanced search


(6 Posts)
skirmish Fri 28-Sep-12 13:54:18

Years ago I bought double-sided bondaweb from eBay that was fab. It had a criss-cross weave to it. I've just bought vilene but am finding it isn't as sticky (iyswim?)...does anyone have any clues of what the one I am looking for is called? Thanks

SavoyCabbage Fri 28-Sep-12 13:58:15

I'm no expert but I think it comes in different weights so it might be that rather than the brand.

The one you had sounds like the no-sew heavier one.

stealthsquiggle Fri 28-Sep-12 14:01:55

Bondaweb with structure? New one on me, but it sounds good. I have only ever bought vilene. It does get less sticky with age though, I'm sure.

skirmish Fri 28-Sep-12 16:14:48

It was quite light weight and perfect for machine appliqué. Easy to cut, ironed on well. The vilene is brand new- perhaps I'll just have to get used to it. Thanks

stealthsquiggle Fri 05-Oct-12 10:39:04

OP, could "Heat n Bond" be what you are looking for (just discovered it on some craft blog or other - American, but reasonably freely available and seems to be a bit cheaper than bondaweb)?

babesdontlie Fri 05-Oct-12 19:53:26

I've got some !!

I bought it off ebay last month - it was advertised as bondaweb but when I used it yesterday its not the bondaweb/vilene I usually use,

Its got a visible criss cross pattern and the peelable backing is a lot sturdier than normal bondaweb - works ok though!

It's called fuse-a-web and the ebay seller is polka.dottie

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: