Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone made a pillow quilt, or quillow?

(4 Posts)
chaosisawayoflife Thu 27-Sep-12 17:37:21

My mum made a few, years ago, and I quite fancy having a go. Any tips/ patterns? I've made a pillow top for a full size one, and if it goes well I'm going to try making scaled down ones for the dds, and possibly friends kids for Xmas.

blackrocked Thu 27-Sep-12 19:56:26

No, never heard of them but found lots of tutorials when I googled! They look fab. Have you tried a search on pinterest ?

chaosisawayoflife Fri 28-Sep-12 08:02:33

Thanks. I don't do pinterest, but I might have to give it a go!

GetOutMyPub Fri 28-Sep-12 14:53:25

I have made 3!!

I bought this book from my local quilt shop. It was reccomended by the lady in the shop as an excellent beginners quilting book rather than for the quillow aspect.

It is a really good book, there are instructions for the main quilt blocks and then you are given different ways to put them together. There are then instructions for (I think) 3 styles/methods of pillow enclosure.

You do need to know how to cut accurately with a rotary cutter and ruler though. My local quilt shop does free demos every now and then but there are also lots of videos on utube, also you need to make sure you sew a consistant 1/4 seam allowance for everything to match up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now