Talk

Advanced search

How to make professional looking custom t-shirt designs using freezer paper and fabric paint

(7 Posts)
overmydeadbody Thu 20-Sep-12 22:35:15

I just wanted to share this brilliant craft idea for anyone out there who wants to make their own t-shirt designs (could be brilliant as Christmas presents)

All you need is freezer paper, some fabric paint, a plain t-shirt, a craft knife and a cutting mat (and some artistic inspiration for your design!)

my latest creations

Full beginner instructions here on Dana MAde It (brilliant website if you haven't seen it before)

Xroads Fri 21-Sep-12 07:59:18

Love it! Will def try that! Thanks smile

overmydeadbody Fri 21-Sep-12 17:30:48

Thank you Xroads! smile

Xroads Fri 21-Sep-12 18:26:59

What kind of designs do you think go down well? I'm thinking of doing some for the men and children for christmas, I might try it with aprons etc too?

overmydeadbody Sat 22-Sep-12 10:04:29

Xroads I always try to think about the person it is for, and what they really like, or what hobby they are into, and also note the kinds of t-shirts they already wear (colour, size, what kind of pictures/patterns etc.)

Simple silhouette style pictures work best, google images is good for searching for images to make into silhouettes.

secretlyahippy Sun 23-Sep-12 22:31:46

Sorry to be thick - what is 'freezer paper'? I haven't seen any in the shops.

secretlyahippy Sun 23-Sep-12 22:32:43

Ah! Just found the link. Doh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now