Talk

Advanced search

Roman blinds

(6 Posts)
Zeeky Thu 20-Sep-12 20:47:56

Does anyone have a link to an easy tutorial?

I am a novice sewer, so will I be capable of making one?

FauxFox Fri 21-Sep-12 18:15:10

here and also check out youtube for videos to show you how.

They are pretty easy so as long as you can work a sewing machine you should be able to do it - just measure twice and cut once wink

WynkenBlynkenandNod Fri 21-Sep-12 18:18:14

Google Mydecozo. They have a really good YouTube tutorial where you make the rod pockets from lining and hand sew a fair bit. I'm really pleased with the blinds I made using their method, they look so much more professional than my other attempts.

TiredMule Mon 01-Oct-12 10:06:21

Sorry to hijack but that Mydecozo tutorial is great!!! Very stupid question here-would I be able to use a machine with that tutorial? They hand sewed all of it (except for the gripper tape). Is there a reason for this? I'm about to attempt to make my first roman blind but would much prefer to machine sew it!

fossil97 Tue 02-Oct-12 13:26:10

Believe it or not it's easier to hand sew. You are just hemming/slipstitching around the edges, whilst it's laid flat on the table. It's actually easier than fighting it through the machine and hoping it doesn't slip or go wonky. If you machined those seams they would be visible on the front or at risk of going out of square and look totally different.

There isn't a lot of sewing all together, it doesn't take long and does look extremely professional. I really would recommend giving it a go - I was pleasantly surprised and am now going to tackle hand sewing a colossal patio door curtain.

TiredMule Wed 10-Oct-12 16:07:47

Thank you fossil that actually makes a lot of sense-just sounds like it would take much longer, but if you have more control over it actually it'll be quicker/less stressful! I'm hoping to start making it at the weekend-I hope it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now