Talk

Advanced search

Knitting & Stitching Show @ Alexandra Palace *Saturday 13 Oct 2012* - MEET UP [smile]

(70 Posts)
Practicallyperfectnot Sat 01-Sep-12 12:42:02

Would you like to meet for lunch, say at 1300? Ideas please where would be best to meet! The Tea Room can be booked for £21 per head but is there anywhere else to sit down and munch? It would be great to meet other Woolly Hugs knitters.

Ideas please!
Thanks thanks

TheWoollybacksWife Sun 30-Sep-12 23:08:20

Happy to help if you still need it then. I'll be bringing something to do - either knitting or (more likely) crochet. I use the purl bee blog for my granny square help. It's in American terminology but it is a great step by step guide. Just remember to use a treble where it talks about DC.

I will go and look for that - thanks! I have found a tutorial on YouTube, and that was in American too.

GetOnYourDancingShoes Mon 01-Oct-12 12:47:14

My tickets have arrived.

Hotel is booked (DSis and I make a weekend of it!) grin

Train timetable has been checked.

Now to hunt under sofa cushions for every available penny!

JackieFazal Mon 01-Oct-12 13:21:37

hi everyone smile

i was wondering if i wriggle my way in and meet some mummies along the way smile I have heard of this show but it sounded a bit daunting for me to go because ally pally is huuuuuge! Does anyone mind if i squeeze in to your little get together smile

'Course not, Jackie! I think it's the more the merrier, myself.

And I've nailed granny squares, TheWoollyBacksWife - three pretty good ones done today, and now I am trying something more ambitious - I just hope it doesn't all end in tears!

TheWoollybacksWife Mon 01-Oct-12 15:52:11

Fantastic SDTG!

My ticket arrived today too. I must book my train tickets. Getting excited grin

SoupDragon Thu 04-Oct-12 11:32:08

Pom Bear anyone...?

I've just booked my ticket - getting very excited now.

I'm going to be at the show fairly early - as the sleeper gets into London at around 7am. I'm going to find somewhere for a leisurely breakfast, then wander over to Ally Pally and have a browse before meeting up with the rest of you. Then I'll have a couple of hours before I have to head off for my train back north again. I might spend the journey enjoying my new yarns and doing some knitting or crochet - or I might just fall asleep!

JackieFazal Thu 04-Oct-12 14:19:05

ill take it there will be a lot of walking around the different stalls smile

Practicallyperfectnot Thu 11-Oct-12 18:19:40

It's nearly Saturday!!!

See you all at 1300 beside FAD (East London Embroiderers) West Hall Corridor just past the entrance to the exhibition, just before the catalogue sales desk.

I will be wearing turquoise top and orange skirt with multi coloured spots!

Let's have a picnic - weather looks OK.

Thanks to all to help me with the above plan.

I will be on a Bakers Dolphin coach from Bristol - leaving 8 and arriving I hope at 12 (grrr will miss a hooked talk at 11 - coach co said eta was 1000 but a friend says 1200 is more likely).

MUMSNET MEMBERS SO FAR
- SDTG
- Woollybackswife
- GetOnYourDancingShoes
- PurpleP?
- JackieFazal
- SoupDragon?
- me!
- anybody else?

The catalogue shows that it is a huge exhibition!
See you soon!

GetOnYourDancingShoes Thu 11-Oct-12 22:54:36

I don't know what I'll be wearing yet but I'm fairly short, plump and shortsighted with a dark reddish bob (DH is such a lucky man!) grin.

I shall be accompanied by a blonde version of me (DSis).

See you all there smile

I'm not sure what I will be wearing, but there's a picture of me on my profile, and I will be carrying a bright red rucksack. I'm planning to obtain my picnic at M&S, so will probably be clutching a carrier bag too.

I am excited and nervous, and am crossing my fingers that I sleep on the train, and don't get a sore hip like I did last time.

I just have to make sure I don't buy more yarn than I can carry!

Only a couple of hours, and I'll be on the sleeper! I'm going to be wearing a denim skirt, maroon shirt, and lighter maroon long waterfall cardigan. Can't wait to see you all!

TheWoollybacksWife Fri 12-Oct-12 22:06:16

I'm just checking the Tube map to make sure of my route counting the number of stops because I'm a country bumpkin

My train gets in tomorrow at about 11:30 so I should be at Ally Pally well before 1. I can't wait smile

It was wonderful to meet you all - well worth the journey. Oh, and there was some interesting yarn too!grin

TheWoollybacksWife Sat 13-Oct-12 18:18:18

I had a lovely time. It was great to meet you ladies hides purchases from DH grin

Practicallyperfectnot Sun 14-Oct-12 09:45:05

Meeting you all yday and WBW's yummy cake were one of the highlights of the show - and the show was fantastic!

I meant to say farewell SDGT but lost you in the swarm heading back to the show after the picnic with the beautiful panoramic view of London.

JFazal - we missed you, are you OK?

Hugs to alll.

Don't worry, Practically - I had fallen behind.

My journey home was great - as far as Euston Preston, where the train terminated and we were all turned off to wait for another train to take us to Carlisle, where I waited 50 minutes in the cold for a train that finally took me home. I could have got an earlier train, but it had only three coaches, and was packed to the gunnels with its own passengers, and people turfed off our train, so I decided to wait for a bigger, more comfy train. Hero dh drove in to Glasgow and drove me home, then cooked me a late supper.

But it was absolutely worth it - the show was great, and meeting all of you was even greater!

GetOnYourDancingShoes Sun 14-Oct-12 18:32:00

DSis and I are home and back to reality!

It was lovely to meet you all.

I have sore feet, a lighter purse and a wishlist as long as my arm. grin

TheWoollybacksWife Thu 22-Nov-12 14:40:08

I am resurrecting the thread to say that I have finally finished the Advent calendar that I bought at the show. I'll pop a photo on my profile to show off grin

The down side is that it has bloody big pockets that will take a lot of filling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now