Talk

Advanced search

I need help.......

(43 Posts)
UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 18:19:41

I know this is cheeky but I can't really ask RL people as they don't know yet. Also, scared. But I have nearly finished building my website. It's published but I haven't sent it to anyone yet. I asked one RL friend to have a look and they said it wasn't interactive enough. I want some real answers and some real criticism so girls would you mind. I am not plugging it here as you all make you own anyway......I would like to know whether;

it's easy to use
it has the right content
whether its a bit bland or not
any features I have forgotten

I would really really appreciate your help on this.

So here goes

here

Radley Tue 28-Feb-06 18:22:36

I like it, there are some beautiful cards there, its simple enough to use and all details that a buyer could want are there also.

Good Luck!

Pixiefish Tue 28-Feb-06 18:23:34

Lovely UCM. Very very easy to use. Shows the cards off well (much better than mine). i love the detail and the fact that you can go to see an enlarged picture of the card.

Some of the cards on the female page were a bit slow to load- all the rest were fine.

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 18:31:04

the thing I was most confused about, not being a techy as such. Was the bit about paying using add to basket, then, having to use the order form, I was worried that people wouldn't connect them. Thanks for the feedback anyway

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 18:33:08

Pixie, I learnt a big lesson recently, it's photograph your cards in daylight outside.

I am using a top of the range olympus 600 quids worth, borrowed but even that didn't show the cards off as much inside. Definitely daylight.

Pixiefish Tue 28-Feb-06 18:34:27

I meant that your site was million times better than mine UCM.
(Pics are better as well but i scan them in and not a lot I can do about that)

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 18:34:48

If anyone else has a website, I would love to see it BTW.

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 18:35:46

Pix, why are you scanning. The printer I have at the moment is 60 pounds now, it takes every digital card there is.

Pixiefish Tue 28-Feb-06 18:36:04

I'll email you the link UCM. After seeing yours I'd be too emabararsed to show mine

Whizzz Tue 28-Feb-06 18:45:58

Looks great UCM - I haven't got mine up & running yet

It's nice & bright & I love the star background

There are a few of the set up words left over that appear where I suppose they shouldn't (I clicked on the small flowers card & it says 'Enter first column content here') but I assume thats cos you are still putting it together.

I also lurve the bouquet of roses card - really nice!

PeachyClair Tue 28-Feb-06 18:46:25

I have to scan as well, didgi camera no good for that sort of thing- a bit old now, can't afford tor eplace atm.

PeachyClair Tue 28-Feb-06 18:50:36

Great site.

Two incredibly pedantic things (sorry)- no , after children on the front page; and where it says section words, I would put words section- actually I'd call it sentiments as you use the word 'word' again.

Sorry . I did say pedantic.

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 18:55:05

PC that is the sort of things I am after. Will change it to words/sentiments

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 18:55:40

Wots the other one?

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 18:57:36

Just realised my mistake thanks PC

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 19:07:41

It's done PClair, thanks again.

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 19:09:43

Pixie, don't be ridiculous, your site is very good. We are all here to complement each other and I honestly think that a bit of constructive criticism is good. I have just had some and changed things accordingly. Your site really is lovely

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 19:15:23

Whizzz, yes, I know, each time I go into the bloody thing I find one. Thanks. Will double check again.

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 19:15:54

Whizz, want a link to yours please.....?

PeachyClair Tue 28-Feb-06 19:16:56

Phew- didn't know if i'd annoy you!

Dh calls me dictionary btw (you'd never know from my typing would you) and it really irritates him. I even refused to go into a restaurant (OK pub with food) back home as they spelled vegetarian vegitarean on the sign.

JayzMummy Tue 28-Feb-06 19:20:15

One of the better websites I have seen UCM....so much nicer than the first one you made. Well done you.

Whizzz Tue 28-Feb-06 19:22:07

UCM - nothing to link to yet !
The photos I originally had are not good enough.
Hopefully when I have a bit more spare time on my hands I will start again & do a proper job.

What template did you use for yours ?

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 19:23:31

Site builder

Twiglett Tue 28-Feb-06 19:30:14

I think you need to remove the italics in the home page .. it is jarring on the eye and you get a clash with the screen so it seems to waver .. italics should be used for emphasis only

I'd suggest re-jigging your front page copy because it seems to jump around a bit and parts of it sound unprofessional:

There is nothing more special than a personalised card to delight your relatives and friends. Children particularly like to see their names on cards!

To see a selection of designs, please use the buttons on the left. If you can't find exactly the right one for you just contact me on info@sarahrobertscards.co.uk and I will personally design one to your exact requierements.

If you're not sure what you want to say, please see my 'Words & Sentiments' section. You can choose any of the phrases there to be printed inside your card or I can print your own words.

I hope you enjoy browsing through my cards as much as I enjoy creating them.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sarah Roberts

Please note prices quoted are inclusive of postage & packing.

HTH

UCM Tue 28-Feb-06 19:34:37

Using templates by Fasthosts. I really recommend them as they are always online, not bugger ups and being offline when their servers go down. Fabulous support as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now