Talk

Advanced search

Aldi wool offers (plus help...no pattern!)

(13 Posts)
VickityBoo Thu 22-Mar-12 10:50:41

Just letting you know that Aldi have a good selection of wool this week at good prices.

Also, I picked up the Kirkton House Knitting Yarm Scarf Kit to try my hand at knitting again. As far as I can tell it should have had a pattern/instructions with it. Mine doesn't. I'm not making a trip back anytime soon - does anyone know where i can find the pattern? Thanks!

VickityBoo Thu 22-Mar-12 10:57:17

Aaaaaah...I see the 'pattern' is on the reverse of the card that holds the wool together.

BigBoobiedBertha Thu 22-Mar-12 12:15:49

What kind of yarn is it?

Not that I have an Aldi near by but just being nosey! If tempting enough I could go for a drive. <ignores large stash of yarn already crying out of some knitting action>

VickityBoo Thu 22-Mar-12 12:30:12

I saw baby wool, Aaron and double knit. I'm no expert (total beginner) but mum (very experienced knitter) was very impressed when I told her.

kellestar Thu 22-Mar-12 18:59:50

the DK and Aran was fab last time it was on offer. Bought some for Gran to knit things for DD. She finds it quite soft and not squeaky. So I went back and bought her more... lots more...

I shall see if the Aldi nearby has any in as it'd be worth buying some more balls in different shades for her. I don't mind replenishing her stash, mine however is going to explode some day soon... taking yarn bombing to an extreme.

MummyChrissy Fri 19-Oct-12 13:00:16

Hello Ladies, Aldi's wool are more expensive this year but I still couldn't stop myself from buying this extra chunky wool!! It is amazingly soft for Acrylic and a dream to Knook with smile . I'm not using the pattern provided on the label. Here's a picture to salivate over !! grin
www.ravelry.com/projects/CrisInStitches/123-36-hooded-scarf-in-garter-st-in-puddel
P.S. Due to the price I only bought 1 ball to start with but yesterday I had to travel 20 miles to get a 2nd ball (last one) ... My shop has run out of this wool already! and not getting anymore!

lemontruffles Sun 21-Oct-12 09:50:42

Loads of patterns on Ravelry (sorry, can't link, am on phone)

lemontruffles Sun 21-Oct-12 09:51:06

free patterns

MummyChrissy Sun 21-Oct-12 23:10:06

Here let me help. I love Ravelry &#9829;
www.ravelry.com/

MummyChrissy Sun 21-Oct-12 23:12:49

Here let me help. I love Ravelry &#9829;
www.ravelry.com/

SoupDragon Mon 22-Oct-12 07:17:12

the OP for this was back in March.

Daisybell1 Mon 22-Oct-12 08:57:42

But the wool has been back in in the last few weeks so people may still find the patterns useful smile

Rita123 Wed 22-May-13 21:16:45

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have run out Kirkton House Craft Aran Yarn Shade: 103 Dye: 19A. I need some to finish a side of a cardigan I am knitting. Its a winey/purple colour. If anyone has any spare or knows of where I may get some it would be of great assistance!! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now