Talk

Advanced search

Non-naff option to store cotton wool balls on changing table - any ideas?

(13 Posts)
peedieworky Fri 21-Oct-11 13:17:06

Hi all,

I'm looking for some crafty ideas for something that I can make/adapt to store cotton wool balls in on DSs changing table. They are currently just in the plastic bag they come in but that has become a source of great attraction, which clearly isn't good! Don't mind tongue-in-cheek vintage naff, if you see what I mean?

Thanks!

headfairy Fri 21-Oct-11 13:23:27

I've got something like this next to our changing table (on mine the pockets are actually in a vertical line rather than next to each other) which I put all sorts of bits and bobs in, including wipes and cotton wool. Mine is actually made of different patches of floral material with some sequins and flowers appliqued on as well (it was made for me by a very crafty friend of mine smile)

peedieworky Fri 21-Oct-11 13:25:02

Oh! That sounds lovely! Don't actually have wall space next to the changing table but may nick that idea use that as inspiration for elsewhere in the room!

Flubba Fri 21-Oct-11 13:31:35

What about something like this ? Seems fairly easy to make.

peedieworky Fri 21-Oct-11 14:05:00

Fantastic! That's totally the kind of idea!

<slopes off to ponder what sort of accident could possibly befall DH's hideous classic fit GAP jeans>

Flubba Fri 21-Oct-11 14:09:50

grin grin

Methinks the same accident will befall my DH's crappy jeans too. All in a good cause and all that... wink

peedieworky Fri 21-Oct-11 17:47:06

I like to think that I'm saving him from himself grin

Deux Fri 21-Oct-11 18:34:34

I recently upcycled (love that term) a small Start-rite shoebox by covering it in fabric, inside and out. I did the lid too and trimmed it with ric rac.

I thought it might look hideous but it looks really good and a friend commented on how lovely it was.

I used diluted pva but if I was doing it again I would use spray adhesive.

smile

NorksAreMessy Fri 21-Oct-11 21:57:06

Charity shops often have denim things on the £1 rail.

Flubba Fri 21-Oct-11 21:58:07

that's good thinking norks

NorksAreMessy Fri 21-Oct-11 22:02:44

Ditto, car boot sales.
But if you NEED to get rid of DH's Clarkson jeans...go for it!

peedieworky Sat 22-Oct-11 12:25:12

Hmmm.. The fact that you can buy them kinda puts me off them as I can't bask in the glory of looking all imaginative and Kirsty Allsopesque as I'd like something a bit original. Any other suggestions?

peedieworky Sat 22-Oct-11 12:25:41

DH's jeans are still getting it though..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now