Talk

Advanced search

Halloween the only time I sew - so I need some expert help!

(6 Posts)
SeoraeMaeul Thu 20-Oct-11 04:03:56

To put this into context, last year DS was a ghost - this was achieved by taking a white sheet and cutting a hole for his head! As you can see 'arts and crafts' are not my forte blush

So this year he wants to be a clone soldier - and thats easy because you can buy the costume (basically a white jumpsuit with markings on it and fake boot covers on the bottom of the legs). Except even the smallest size is too big by about 2 inches. So bearing in mind my complete lack of skill in this area, what is the best/easiest way to make it smaller and ideally in a way that can be removed as he gets bigger?

Options I've considered
i) elastic round the waist - to begin with he'll be a baggy clone soldier but it should hold it up enough and the elastic will stretch as he grows
ii) fold and tuck about 2 inches around the middle and stitch it in place, then unpick as he grows
iii) give up - cut off the ends of the arms and the ends of legs (plus fake boots) and buy a new one next year?

Any advice gratefully received thanks

NorksAreMessy Thu 20-Oct-11 06:05:54

I would go for option ii.
there!

it looks like you have it sorted anyway - good luck, and may the force be with you

SeoraeMaeul Thu 20-Oct-11 08:40:19

Thanks Norks
There is of course a huge difference in being able to consider Option 2 and actually do it! But have needle and thread and prepared to give it a shot grin

NorksAreMessy Thu 20-Oct-11 12:51:29

send it over, I'll do it for you smile

SeoraeMaeul Thu 20-Oct-11 13:23:38

A very lovely thought and thank you but I'm in Hong Kong so not feasible - tomorrow I'm on a mission to do it (or it will sit in a pile until the Halloween when in a fit of panic I'll revert to Option 3!)

NorksAreMessy Thu 20-Oct-11 14:01:24

Ha!
good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now