Talk

Advanced search

Porcelain paint and pens

(7 Posts)
Haily111 Sat 15-Oct-11 13:14:46

Hello!

I am hoping to decorate porcelain plates for Christmas presents this year. I don't know anything about these sorts of things so need help grin) first question is, are paints or pens better and second one is where can I get reasonably priced paints/pens from?
Thank you in advance!

PopcornMouse Mon 17-Oct-11 11:58:47

I have no idea, but I'd love to hear what your verdict is afterwards! grin
Gut-feeling is that pens will be easier to use, unless you're a proficient painter? I've seen them in Hobbycraft but they'll be expensive there; I'd ask Mr Google smile

silverfrog Mon 17-Oct-11 12:00:47

yelloww moon has the pens in, I think (have hidden the catalogue as dd2 was poring over it and drafting wish lists...)

but don't know which is better, sorry.

LoopyLoopsPussInBoots Mon 17-Oct-11 12:03:07

I did DD hand/footprint mugs lat xmas. Got paint and pens from Yellow Moon. I found I needed both - can't do printing with pens and can't write with paint.

Depends what you want to do with it.

Tinkerisdead Mon 17-Oct-11 12:04:05

Hi im no expert but ive painted mugs as presents. Despite claims of dishwasher safe i have found they wear quicker than the proper paint pottery places. Paints are good for all over washes and pens for detail. I use hobbycraft as prices are pretty comparable. I use Pebeo porceline 150. I also found the calligraphy pen is better than getting a fine and thick just use different sides of the nib. I'll post some pics later if you wanna see?

Haily111 Mon 17-Oct-11 21:46:36

That is fab advice and yes pictures would be greatly appreciated grin)

Tinkerisdead Tue 18-Oct-11 20:45:06

Haily not forgotten you i'll add pics to my profile tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now