Talk

Advanced search

Want to make a needle roll, like the cath kidstone one in John Lewis....

(8 Posts)
LoveBeingAWitch Tue 11-Oct-11 15:56:37

Has anyone seen a pattern or should I try and adapt a crayon one? I'm new to sewing and it's for a present confused. Also do you think I could make it to hold knitting and crochet needles together?

Tia

Moomoomie Tue 11-Oct-11 16:17:40

I have made several crayon and coloured pencil ones, but not for needles. I reckon it would be easy to adapt a crayon one.
I googled to get tutorials.

LoveBeingAWitch Tue 11-Oct-11 17:47:27

I've never made one so guess I'll need to do a practice one.

Moomoomie Tue 11-Oct-11 18:13:45

They are not difficult to make. I have made fabric ones and felt ones.

LoveBeingAWitch Tue 11-Oct-11 18:48:17

In a naive way I don't think they are hard but I'm sure I will get stuck at some point grin

dizzyday07 Tue 11-Oct-11 19:55:47

What about this one?? or this?

LoveBeingAWitch Tue 11-Oct-11 21:49:56

Wow thanks dizzy thanks. They are just the job, now which one to do......maybe I'll try the easy one as a practice and then see if I can cope with the other one grin

overmydeadbody Tue 18-Oct-11 18:06:28

I make spanner cases, and while the slots are obviously bigger than the ones you will need for neeldes, my design might help you make a roll up case that holds small crochet needles and larger knitting needles, like my case ohlds all different size spanners. I promise it is really easy to make, and my tutorial has lots of pictures.

spanner case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now