Talk

Advanced search

Help needed to repair a zip on skirt!

(5 Posts)
androbbob Sun 09-Oct-11 23:00:44

DD has managed to wreck the zip on her school skirt! Only had it 4 weeks. The zipper is stuck up at the top but the zip is open. Is it ruined? I cannot get the zipper to move down.

Will I have to put a new zip in as I dont want to buy another skirt? Any bright ideas anyone?

Thanks

AMumInScotland Mon 10-Oct-11 11:10:51

Could you return it to the shop? Unless she's been doing something silly, a zip should last a lot longer than 4 weeks wear.

androbbob Mon 10-Oct-11 11:55:50

It was only from primark and dont have the receipt.

AMumInScotland Mon 10-Oct-11 13:01:44

In that case its tricky. You could try running some chalk, or a lead pencil along the zip and trying to wriggle it down - sometimes that lubricates the teeth enough to let it get through. But otherwise I think you'll just have to replace the zip completely, which is a right fiddle!

androbbob Mon 10-Oct-11 21:51:04

Hmmm.. by the time I have bought a zip it would be cheaper to buy a new skirt! But it is a lovely skirt - material hangs well (for Primark!). Will try your tips first though and then send it to my Mum to fix! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now