Talk

Advanced search

ideas needed-decorating the living room for hallowe'en

(3 Posts)
Booooooyhoo Sun 09-Oct-11 18:08:52

it isn't a big living room (3 bed terrace) and i think i'll just stick to doing the one room to keep cost down. the living room faces out onto the street and has a big window, we dont use it so it seems the best option. also hoping to have a kids party and use that as the party room. so i need ideas for decorating it as cheaply as possible. all ideas welcome.
the only thing i have thought of so far is to cut strips in black bin liners and put those up all round the walls. not sure really if that could work.

DooinMeCleanin Sun 09-Oct-11 18:12:32

I generally cover all my walls with bin liners, like you said, and then stick plastic glow in the dark tat all over the bin liners. Poundland usually has loads.

Masking tape is best for sticking up the bin liners. Blu tack is not sticky enough, they'll just keep falling down. I use blu tack to stick on the tat.

I have a heap piece of voile with spider web patterns on that I stick up in the window.

Add lots more plastic tat from poundland, a spooky table cloth, some candles and pumpkins and your all done.

Booooooyhoo Sun 09-Oct-11 18:23:48

i'm writing a list

masking tape
bin liners have
glow in the dark stuff
spider webby stuff
spooky table cloth have
candles
pumpkins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now