Talk

Advanced search

Best sewing machine for under £200

(4 Posts)
HotChip Fri 07-Oct-11 12:18:00

Sorry if this has been done before, but I've given up trying to get my Singer going (it's a Lightweight II/118) and since the nearest sewing machine repair shop is about 100 miles away, have decided just to buy a new one.

I could go for the Lidl one or spend a bit more and it can be my early Christmas present. Everyone seems to rate Janome highly but it's hard to choose as they have a basic range then a more professional looking range that overlap around £200.

I know very little about sewing, I just would like to make copies of tops I have for myself and start making things for DD (fleecy gloves and hats for winter for a start grin).

I'd be really grateful for any advice.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 07-Oct-11 14:19:39

I replaced my Singer with this Janome J3-24http://www.sewingmachine-sales.co.uk/sewing-machine/janome/janome-j3-24-sewing-machine.

My dd also has the same model, great machine and far better than my Singer.

PopcornMouse Fri 07-Oct-11 16:58:06

I have a Janome DC3050 (£220) and love it to pieces. I've sewn allsorts on it, including a double quilt grin

HotChip Fri 07-Oct-11 17:05:27

I'm intrigued by this

Maybe there would be more to go wrong and I should just get something simple. The more I look, the more confused I get!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now