Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a basic tote bag pattern

(6 Posts)
SoylentClean Wed 05-Oct-11 10:53:47

Looking to make something a bit like this but would like a free pattern if possible. www.etsy.com/listing/66575818/childs-tote-bag-pattern-pdf-sewing

I have found this one emmigraceandme.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/simple-and-quick-tote-bag-a-free-sewing-pdf-pattern/ but I don't quite understand her instructions blush

If anyone can point me in the direction of a foolproof pattern (the fool being me!) I'd be very grateful. Thanks

PrettyPirate Wed 05-Oct-11 11:24:53

My first ever tote I made I followed this tutorial. It's reversible but ever so easy!

sloggies Wed 05-Oct-11 11:34:41

Pattern looks to me like two oblong pieces made into a bag, then with the bag inside out, line up the seam at the bottom of the bag with the one at the side of the bag, so you are lookin at a pointed shape, point towards the top. sew accross this corner, so that it removes roughly an equal triangle shape when you cut off the spare fabric. This gives the bag more shape, eg it will probably stand up with stuff in it. I don't know if this is any more understandable than what she has said in her instructions. PM me if I can confuse help you further if you like....

Tizwozliz Wed 05-Oct-11 12:11:59

sewmamasew.com/blog2/2008/07/classic-tote-tutorial/

I've not used this particular tutorial but the ones listed on sewmamasew are normally easy to follow

SoylentClean Wed 05-Oct-11 14:05:57

Thanks all, I think I'll go for the reversible one prettypirate linked to. Hope it turns out ok!!

LatteLady Wed 05-Oct-11 21:37:03

If it helps I did a tutorial earlier in the year... would be great to see your bag when you are finished smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now