Talk

Advanced search

Halloween - Trick or Treat - 100+ kids

(7 Posts)
lookoveryourshoulder Mon 03-Oct-11 21:49:15

Ok.... foolish I know - but I have agreed to be on the "Trick or Treat" trail for the local Playgroup.

I have been told that there will be around 100+ little ones knocking on my door over the evening - so presumably in groups with siblings etc etc etc - so maybe 10 at a time...

I have got the sweets in already - but I wanted to do something just a little special and add something extra to their experience.

Has anyone got any idea what I could provide ???

Not awash with dosh - but any ideas ??

Planning on decorating my front door with the little remains of Halloween decorations that I have left from previous years - all the screaming ghouls and shaking monsters are long gone - but I am looking forward to this and hey it gives me something else to focus on and plan for.

All ideas welcome - thank you

p.s. all you peps out there with little ones - enjoy it - it passes soooo fast...

queenmaeve Mon 03-Oct-11 22:31:49

ok I do these for the children in my classes at school each year.
chocolate apples, very basic value apples and cooking chocolate. But I get a huge roll of cellophane in green, mine has done me a few years and I wrap them up with a bit of curly ribbon and a little pumpkin shape cut out of orange paper tied on it. If I have time I write Happy Halloween on the stick.
The children love them and they don't cost much to make.

Harecare Mon 03-Oct-11 22:36:23

Say you'll only give a treat if they know that little rhyme. I can't remember it offhand, but I prefer to make the children think I don't really want to give a treat and that way they think they've got one over on me! You could always let them trick you into teaching them the rhyme - that'll be "something extra!"

kellestar Tue 04-Oct-11 15:27:38

Our village did this when I was a kid, but we had challenges at each house we visited. Like apple bobbing and counting the ghosts hidden in the front garden, or my personal favourite eating a donut tied to a piece of string that's hung from the washing line, with hands behind your back, though I am sure it would be fruit nowadays.

Harecare Tue 04-Oct-11 20:29:25

Great ideas!! We always did the apple hanging from string - donuts would be jus too easy and tasty!

sdotg Tue 04-Oct-11 20:33:13

Carve two pumpkins with 'mouths'
In one (the first you offer) put in the seeds and some scraped bits of pumpkin with water. Feels horrible and slimey.
In the other (2nd offered) put the sweets.

serin Mon 10-Oct-11 22:42:31

Have three pumpkins on a table, one with slime in as above.

One with sweets in.

One with persons hand in that grabs them!

You would need to cut a hole in the table and sit underneath it with your hand up a pumpkin all night and you would probably scare the kids half to death BUT we saw this done at the Eden project and the kids were loving it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now