Talk

Advanced search

How can I make a teddy bear bed?

(9 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Sun 02-Oct-11 18:46:16

dd has requested a special bear for Xmas.

So far I can knit a nice old fashioned bear (dd chosen colour) and make a pillow and quilt from fabric to match dds bedroom and accessories.

But what can I do for the actual bed?

Was wondering about cardboard style suitcase, but would ted suffocate? ;-)

Or any better ideas?

JellyBelly10 Sun 02-Oct-11 19:47:55

I know this isn't the sort of answer you're meant to give in 'Arts and Crafts' but if I were you I would put all my creative energy into knitting the bear and making the bed clothes and pillow etc then I would just buy something from here as they are beautiful!!
Teddy Beds

SoylentClean Sun 02-Oct-11 21:44:05

When I made one it wasn't for a gift or anything so probably a bit more basic than you are after but I started off with an Amazon cardboard box and cut it so it was sort of in a cabin bed shape (ie. a dip in the side where Teddy could climb out wink ).

I then put in a 'mattress' which was a rectangle of cardboard with padding on top, all covered in cotton fabric. I also covered the whole box in one thin layer of wadding and, using a glue gun, covered the whole thing in cotton fabric. I then glue gunned the mattress into the bed. I then made a pillow and duvet to match. Its been knocking around for moths now and it still looks good. In fact, because its all padded it looks very cozy. Teddy is a lucky, lucky boy!

southeastastra Sun 02-Oct-11 21:45:53

lots of hay, aw i love teddy bears, blimey how sad does that sound !

weevilswobble Sun 02-Oct-11 22:07:01

Do wine shops still have those wooden boxes that 6 bottles of wine come in? That would be a good starting point!

girlywhirly Mon 03-Oct-11 12:38:37

Are Ikea still selling those wooden doll beds?

PonceyMcPonce Wed 05-Oct-11 18:26:23

Oh fab ideas thanks - I may have to force my bitter and twisted body to go to ikea!

Am q excited as it will match dd bed linen - nerdy emoticon

weevilswobble Wed 05-Oct-11 21:44:19

Keep an eye out at car boots, i'm always seeing naice wooden doll beds that i want

weevilswobble Wed 05-Oct-11 21:45:00

Omg! I just did that crossy outy thing! Ooo get me, i'm all techy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now