Talk

Advanced search

Please please help!! Really want to make bunting for dd's birthday but I'm struggling ...

(8 Posts)
bytheMoonlight Fri 30-Sep-11 22:36:20

It's a carebear theme.

I was thinking maybe I could cut A4ish size figures out and then string them together. Seems a simple idea.

However all the images online seem to be different sizes and I have no idea how to make them all a uniform size.

Any suggestions? Really appreciate it smile

cammomilehaze Sat 01-Oct-11 03:45:24

Maybe you could just have a short run of bunting, where it will catch your daughter's eye. perhaps it could read 'Happy Birthday DD's name' with a few care bear motifs cut to fit, with lots of plain and patterned flags interspersed. You could cut up old clothes or get fabric remnants and cut them into diamond shapes, glue them to string or staple them after folding them to form a triangle each side over the string. Or buy or borrow a Care Bear stamp to print onto the bunting flags.

plipplops Sat 01-Oct-11 08:15:10

You can get care bear iron on appliqués from eBay, so you could just make plain bunting and iron those on?

bytheMoonlight Sat 01-Oct-11 15:51:46

I'm not very crafty so I bought some white bunting and some iron on transfers!

Thank you for the suggestions and inspiration smile

LatteLady Sat 01-Oct-11 18:08:04

Try this for a really good alphabet to use on your bunting

WitchOfWoo Sat 01-Oct-11 18:10:07

Glue Care Bears cut from wrapping paper on to j cloth triangles.

MayDayChild Sat 01-Oct-11 18:15:59

Long line of string
Lots of straws
Lots of carebears
String them up separating each Bear with a straw. It stiffens it up!

stitchthis Wed 05-Oct-11 07:36:12

latte what a great link!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now