Talk

Advanced search

If you're into vintage and customising clothes...

(17 Posts)
stitchthis Fri 30-Sep-11 12:03:03

you might be interested in this book review I've just done. Has any one got the book and made any of the projects? Are they as easy as they sound?!

lifeistooshort Fri 30-Sep-11 16:25:26

sounds good. Thanks stitch this, I will add this to my list of books to buy

queenmaeve Fri 30-Sep-11 21:56:36

Oh super stitch this! would you believe i've been looking for something like this for ages. I have been adding wee bits of lace and corasges to my tops and jumpers but woould love to take it further. Good woman yourself!

RantyMcRantpants Sat 01-Oct-11 00:13:56

Thanks for the recommendation. Another for my Amazon wish list smile

stitchthis Sat 01-Oct-11 19:02:21

I wonder how long your wish list is?! Mine is never-ending grin

Glad you liked the review!!!

RantyMcRantpants Sat 01-Oct-11 19:10:07

Mine is rather long too blush doesn't help that at every Christmas and birthday my DH forgets to tell people to check out my wish list when they ask him for ideas and I end up with tat that I don't want or need <roll eyes>

stitchthis Tue 04-Oct-11 10:35:23

I tell them directly!! Rather nicely, the author has put a little note on her blog about me! Fame <fans herself> !

RantyMcRantpants Tue 04-Oct-11 13:10:54

I am too embarassed to and in our families it is the done thing to ask the partner what the other would like. But I think in the next few months when I am talking to people I may have to talk about how fab Amazon Wishlists are grin

Wow! you're famous <curtseys>

stitchthis Tue 04-Oct-11 22:59:12

I've been chopping clothes up!!

RantyMcRantpants Tue 04-Oct-11 23:25:44

Woohoo! looks good.

I've got a wardrobe full of clothes that are too small for me now and there is some great prints etc. I want to lose weight but it is going to take a while and I am in 2 minds whether to try and do something with the too small clothes so I can wear them now or just put them away until I fit them again.

stitchthis Wed 05-Oct-11 07:27:15

On reflection you're obviously less grabby far more polite than me grin I do think wishlists are the work of the devil tho. I was buying a birthday present for DS1s friend when this book fell in. wink

RantyMcRantpants Wed 05-Oct-11 08:51:02

Nah! Just my family are uptight smile

It just fell in did it grin hmmm!

It looks like a good book though. Let us know whether it is worth the money.

stitchthis Sun 09-Oct-11 13:26:17

It is pretty good if you like hearts with wings, snowmen and angels - very australian folk stylee iyswim. A bit repetitive tbh but some interesting ideas you cld tweak. It was only £4 too so not expecting too much. I'll bblog it and put some pics up in the next couple of days then you can make yr own mind up!

Witchthis Tue 18-Oct-11 19:39:48

Ok I haven't got round to blogging about that book but here's a review of the Prima Christmas mag. Hope it's helpful wink

RantyMcRantpants Tue 18-Oct-11 21:29:18

Very helpful thank you very much smile

Hope you had a good day.

Witchthis Tue 18-Oct-11 22:41:48

A looong day. 16 hrs out of the house. How r u?

RantyMcRantpants Tue 18-Oct-11 22:56:49

Eeeek! That is a long day, you must be knackered.

I am still fighting a chest infection, six weeks and counting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now