Talk

Advanced search

Extra fabric, have some ideas need help though!!!

(6 Posts)
ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Mon 26-Sep-11 09:42:07

I recently made some curtains and managed to get this at a really good price from ebay, got close to the amount that I wanted but it turns out that I am not so good at measuring and estimating blush and have a little bit more than anticipated left over - I have already done something for a friend but thought that I might be able to make some gifts for friends of the dc's. I was thinking some pictures of one of the vehicles then sort of appliqueing or making it sort of puffy etc as a simple gift but one that might be fun. Am not sure how to achieve this though so wondered if there were tips or other ideas grin

Also was thinking of framing them or mounting them but not sure where to look as I think a deep frame of some sort would be really nice too.
Thanks

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Mon 26-Sep-11 10:45:15

Bump

PopcornMouse Mon 26-Sep-11 11:38:54

Hi smile

I'm not sure I really understand what you mean by making the puffy tbh?

You can cover a canvas (available from cheapy stationers like the works) using a staple gun?

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Mon 26-Sep-11 12:02:03

Sorry am at work and got a bit distracted blush was thinking of something like this

PopcornMouse Mon 26-Sep-11 12:14:48

Oh I seeee. I'd recommend cutting out the cars and whatever else you want, and using freezer paper (available from hobbycraft) to stick it onto a backing - it's like a glue that works when it's ironed - then hand stitch for detail. Simple dimple.

That picture's done using "raw edge applique", if you google you'll find lots of info, like this: sewmamasew.com/blog2/2010/04/raw-edge-applique-tips-free-pattern/.

Hth grin

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Mon 26-Sep-11 12:15:28

Thanks, was thinking that so will give it a try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now