Talk

Advanced search

Photos on fabric

(12 Posts)
mogs0 Mon 19-Sep-11 22:19:32

Has anyone got photos printed onto fabric using an online company?

dddangermouse Tue 20-Sep-11 15:37:32

Mogs0 do you mean canvas or fabric? You can get fabric digitally printed on materials. or screen printed. I can help out and let you know what process to look for.

mogs0 Tue 20-Sep-11 17:16:30

Fabric. I'm thinking about making a quilt for ds and have a dozen or so photos in it.

Someone has recommended Dylon stuff on another thread that looked good or I have found a website that recommends some printable fabric to put through your home printer.

I was hoping for a truprint-type place to do it for me inexpensively blush as I'm not all that creative andloseinteresttooquickly .

dddangermouse Tue 20-Sep-11 19:22:34

You could do this at home if you have a printer that will be the cheapest option -not sure if you've found this one already called "cotton patch" there is an online site called thefabricpress where you can upload your images etc. Hope that helps??

rockinhippy Wed 28-Sep-11 12:04:31

DVDUK sells packs of A4 transfer paper at very reasonable prices & if printed onto cotton based cloth - min 50/50, but the more cotton the better, then they last pretty well

lifeistooshort Sat 01-Oct-11 21:32:04

Hi Mogs

I had the dylon stuff in my cupboard and tried it today to make a t shirt with pictures of the DCs for his birthday. It really works a treat and I was suprised at how good the result came out! Very impressed. Will probably do a bag for me next :-)

mogs0 Sat 01-Oct-11 21:35:20

Was it very it complicate/messy? I'm encouraged by your enthusiasm for it so might try it anyway, thanks!

lifeistooshort Mon 03-Oct-11 13:46:16

Hi Mogs

Not it wasn't messy at all. You just print a picture, cut it to the size you need, brush the product onto it with a paintbrush. Then you need to make sure you press it with a rolling pin and then you wait for it to dry. When it is dry you just need to soak it with a sponge and rub it and voila! Let it dry again, rub a tiny more product on the pictures with a brush and that's it...

Let me know how it went if you try.

bruffin Mon 03-Oct-11 14:00:44

The miracle fabric is really easy. You could use it as a patchwork in a quilt. I made pillow cases for DD with her favorite singer/group on, just sewed the material on top,you could applique otherwise

mogs0 Mon 03-Oct-11 14:04:37

Thanks, sounds like i could manage that! Could you tell me the name of the Dylon stuff - it's on another thread but I can't remember which one.
Thanks!

rockinhippy Mon 03-Oct-11 14:07:47

I have used both & though the dylon stuff was easy enough, printing onto iron on transfer paper was MUCH easier & gets far better results, I won't personally bother with using Dylon now smile

kellestar Mon 03-Oct-11 15:57:43

The dylon stuff is image maker and can be found in the range, hobbycraft, ebay or your local haberdashers.

I use it quite a bit and it's very easy and effective. Washes well too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now