Talk

Advanced search

What to fill sachets with other than lavender?

(8 Posts)
TougherThanTheRest Mon 19-Sep-11 08:05:21

I've made some fabric sachets for presents but don't want to use lavender to fill them. What else could I use and where would I buy it? I've tried Googling but they all suggest making your own mixes and I haven't got time for that!

YougreatPamplemousse Mon 19-Sep-11 08:10:35

We recently had some that you are supposed to sir you cup of tea on and it was full of mulling spices, cinnamon, cloves and as it warmed up it released all it's lovely scent.

TougherThanTheRest Mon 19-Sep-11 13:14:39

That sounds lovely and would be nice as they're for Christmas - where would I get something like that do you think?

Pudden Mon 19-Sep-11 20:12:13

I've made some Christmas decorations (padded ones for the tree) and added cloves or bits of cinnamon bark/star anise to the mix- they smell lovely. If you have a wholefood/health shop nearbye you will be able to buy them cheaply from them

TougherThanTheRest Mon 19-Sep-11 20:21:02

Oh yes that would work. I wonder whether dried rose petals would also be good for a less festive scent. Was also thinking putting scented oil on some stuffing and using that but not sure if it would last.

YougreatPamplemousse Mon 19-Sep-11 20:45:18

What about herbs? Lemon balm, rosemary, thyme and lilac are all hold their scent well when dry. here is where I have bought from before.

TougherThanTheRest Mon 19-Sep-11 21:06:53

Ooh that's a lovely website, could be tempted by a few things on there smile

kellestar Mon 19-Sep-11 21:24:31

my aunt often uses wheat and adds essential oils to them. They are a little weightier but that can be a good thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now