Talk

Advanced search

I have just finished my first crocheted blanket

(13 Posts)
SoupDragon Fri 16-Sep-11 18:11:19

And I don't want to give it to it's intended recipient!

dodge iPhone photo

Clarabumps Fri 16-Sep-11 18:12:41

Well done! It's beautiful! grin and slightly envy xx

PerAr6ua Fri 16-Sep-11 21:55:19

Gwan, pattern instructions? Please?

SoupDragon Sat 17-Sep-11 10:03:42

It was a pattern from Ravelry which linked to this blog. I ignored the yarn requirement and used
Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo in two colours. I think it is this which made it so covetable as it made a good "drape", was lovely and soft and has a slight sheen to it. (I think it took 8 balls to make 36 squares.) I added an extra row to make the squares larger as they came up small.

The wavy edge is my half arsed misinterpretation of one from Attic 24 after putting 2 rows of DC round to stabilise it all. I also crocheted it together with her instructions.

SoupDragon Sat 17-Sep-11 13:09:58

full blanket

purplepidjinawoollytangle Sat 17-Sep-11 13:18:20

Yay, go Soupie grin and [star] I just hope Baby doesn't puke all over it...

PerAr6ua Sat 17-Sep-11 13:20:15

Ooh, thanks for that - shall get my hook out smile

Your blanket looks gorgeous by the way - I love the colours - excellent swerve from the pink or blue rubbish grin

purpleknittingmum Sat 17-Sep-11 13:24:03

That is great! I can only do the basic granny square just now and am doing a huge blanket for my daughter, 140 squares, nearly halfway through doing the squares just now. Can I show some of them off on here?

SoupDragon Sat 17-Sep-11 15:03:07

1) in defence of the pink colour scheme, this is a surprise girl after two boys and the mother is fully indulging her pink side! it wouldn't have been my choice, even for my own girl-after-two-boys grin I went for chalky colours rather than vomit inducing versions... Which brings me on to...
2) Yes, baby will puke on it. The texture should hold vomit nicely, even keeping it safe through a wash cycle!
3) This was really no more difficult than granny squares - it only involves treble crochet and chains, apart from the edge. I am no expert!
4) Show off all you like.

SoupDragon Sat 17-Sep-11 15:04:09

thank you for your kind comments BTW. I want to unwrap the blanket and stroke it but am resisting.

purpleknittingmum Sat 17-Sep-11 15:32:17

some of my granny squares

My daughter chose the colours, I just got 200g of each colour, and will get another colour to put it all together and do the edging. She wanted it quite random, but I insisted suggested on some sort of order, so I am doing 70 two colour ones and 70 three colour ones and when it goes together they will be placed alternately

I have a book of little crochet projects and am keen to do more, my head is bursting with all the knitting I already do, and planning to do and now crochet as well!

PerAr6ua Sat 17-Sep-11 16:14:00

blush it looks a chalky mauve on my screen

SoupDragon Sat 17-Sep-11 18:23:26

Sadly it is resolutely pink smile had it been for me, it would have been mauve.

looking good, purpleknittingmum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now