Talk

Advanced search

Reccommend me a sewing box and a dealer (for buttons and stuff) please!

(5 Posts)
MrsVidic Mon 12-Sep-11 07:17:45

Hi,

Well I have made cushions and now want to graduate to some christmas stockings and maybe some bunting. I am just wondering where you guys buy things like buttons and ribbon etc. I have done a list of what I need- and desire- lots of random buttons, motifs, felt and ribbon and some zigzaggy scissor things.

I also want a sewing box or ideas of how to store things.

cheers

(this stuff is addictive!)

AnnabellaFagina Mon 12-Sep-11 07:22:07

Ebay is great for buttons.

bluecheesefiend Mon 12-Sep-11 07:23:40

Hello,

Personally I prefer an old fashioned tool box - you can sort your buttons & pins in all the different compartments that are intended for screws & nails, and your scissors and bigger items go underneath where the spanners would go.

Might not be the look you're going for but I'm interested to know where everyone else buys their bits & bobs so thought I Gould contribute something wink

If it helps, I did a course at a fabric design college so the student shop was AMAZING in terms of equipment. Sadly it was overseas & I'm struggling to find something similar in SW London.

SewCrafty Mon 12-Sep-11 09:43:00

my obsession hobby has gone beyond a sewing box and now takes over half of a room. Ages ago I did get a good sewing box from Lakeland. I also got a good clear box with compartments from Halfords.

Buttons I get from a local cheap haberdasher or ebay. Other than that, don't think I can help you.

shesparkles Mon 12-Sep-11 12:45:05

I use the old nappy box as a sewing box-it's perfect!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now