Talk

Advanced search

Papercrafting - where do I start?

(5 Posts)
SoftKittyWarmKitty Fri 09-Sep-11 14:00:40

I'm interested in starting to make cards, scrapbooking etc to give me a focus during the winter but have no idea where to start. What eqipment do I need, if any? Are there any useful books I could get hold of that will explain techniques and give me ideas? Any suggestions would be really helpful, thanks.

SurpriseMuffins Fri 09-Sep-11 14:10:29

White cardboard or/and card blanks as basic
Scissors
Craft knife
Cutting mat
Double-side tape
Glue stick
Pva glue in a bottle with a nozzle (and a pin to unclog it with eventually)
Any optional extras, including pretty/plain papers and card

That was all I started with doing cardmaking. If you want ideas go for a fairly basic magazine oryou'll be dragged into all kinds of expensive money-draining ideas. I would also advise looking in greetings card shops for ideas!

SoftKittyWarmKitty Fri 09-Sep-11 14:32:34

Thanks, that's really helpful to get me started! I'm sure I have some card blanks somewhere so will dig them out. Also have pva glue and a glue stick that DS uses. And scissors, obviously (do you think there's anyone who doesn't own scissors?!). Seems I only really need a cutting mat, tape and craft knife. And some ideas of course confused)

SurpriseMuffins Fri 09-Sep-11 14:36:17

Oh you'd be surprised - my mum had this really manky pair that didn't cut anything. And the kitchen scissors which are rubbish for papercraft.

I once knew a family that didn't appear to own a single sheet of blank paper, or a pen...how does that happen?

Hairytoes Tue 13-Sep-11 10:59:07

Google UKScrappers you'll find lOts of inspiration and help on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now