Advanced search

Loden! What is it exactly?

(6 Posts)
HipHopOpotomus Thu 08-Sep-11 22:23:10

And where is the uk/ online can I buy some.

MmeLindor. Thu 08-Sep-11 22:24:57

Is it not just another name for felt?

It is used in Germany to make jackets.

MmeLindor. Thu 08-Sep-11 22:27:45

Loden-Frey - it is a woollen weave brushed till waterproof.

HipHopOpotomus Thu 08-Sep-11 22:46:15

They use it alot in burda magazine for coats etc.

There is felted loden as well as loden. It must be some kind of wool.

I wonder if it's called something different in uk?

MmeLindor. Thu 08-Sep-11 22:52:05

Ah, that is why - Burda is German.

From what I read, there are different qualities of loden. The really expensive stuff that is used to make high quality woolen coats - like this and cheaper stuff like this

Not sure if you can buy it in UK, those are both German websites.

It is a felted wool, softer and more flowing than felt.

HipHopOpotomus Thu 08-Sep-11 23:24:03

Thanks Mmme - it sounds a bit expensive for my sewing talents, though it is ment to be very easy to use

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now