Talk

Advanced search

Help with blind for hall / landing windows - please!

(4 Posts)
Mandy21 Wed 07-Sep-11 09:40:31

I'm wanting to make roman blinds for 2 windows in the hall and halfway up the stairs - they are both narrow, long windows (so about 60cm wide x 150cm deep). I am only making the blinds for decoration - we'd never lower them (no privacy issues, would make hall too dark anyway) so am thinking of making them shorter than their proper lengths (i.e. say 90-100cm rather than 150cm). I think it will look neater (i.e. not so many folds of fabric "bulking" out the blinds) and easier.

Do you think this sounds silly? Should I be making them their proper lengths?

Any advice welcome!

nancythursday Wed 07-Sep-11 11:31:03

I think that would be fine, if you're not going to lower them. And I doubt you'd be able to tell they were just for show, once they're up.

Mandy21 Wed 07-Sep-11 13:14:35

Thank you! Am reassured!

MrsSBrown Thu 08-Sep-11 07:21:47

If you're going to the effort of making blinds, I would make them full length. I presume you're talking about roman blinds? I don't find they are too bulky and, as they don't use much fabric you can splash out and buy some really nice material and let them down on dark evenings when they would look very attractive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now