Talk

Advanced search

I can't find a craft fair with availability in my area, any other suggestions?

(16 Posts)
DunderMifflin Tue 06-Sep-11 20:20:54

I'm trying to find a craft fair during Nov/Dec so that I can sell some of my Christmassy bits (hand-stitched felt angels, stockings, etc) - I thought it would be fairly easy as there seem to be quite a few around here but they're all full!

Does anyone have a bright idea of how I could sell them?!

If anyone's interested, I could post pics to my profile...

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 06-Sep-11 21:37:07

A bit extreme but... last year I organised a Christmas Fair at my local community centre. Mainly as a fundraiser for the centre, but I had my first ever stall there and sold quite a few bits.

Otherwise - maybe see if you can have a stand at local toddler group?

purplepidjin Tue 06-Sep-11 21:45:13

Do you have a facebook page?

Have you registered with websites like wowthankyou.com?

Do you have your own website, or the skills/mates to set one up?

Would any independent shops or garden centres local to you be interested?

Eddas Tue 06-Sep-11 21:52:39

local school fair?

ChippingIn Wed 07-Sep-11 10:26:46

I'd love to see what you'e been doing.

Have you put your name down for any cancellations?

Ebay of course.

BedHog Wed 07-Sep-11 10:33:56

Ring your local private secondary schools. See if you can book a table at their Christmas Fairs. Some of my best sales have been at these type of fairs, and the table costs are usually quite reasonable.

jenniepanda Wed 07-Sep-11 18:14:08

where abouts are you?

RobynLou Wed 07-Sep-11 18:18:18

folksy?

DunderMifflin Wed 07-Sep-11 20:37:34

Hi - thanks for everyone's replies! I'm in Milton Keynes - I've thought about Folksy but not sure I could keep up with it. I'd just like to get rid of some stuff before my house is overun with hairclips and bits of be-ribboned loveliness!

I'm on my phone at the mo' but will see if I can upload some pics from my laptop...

DunderMifflin Wed 07-Sep-11 20:49:44

Right - photos are on my profile!

chirpchirp Wed 07-Sep-11 20:49:54

Is that a hair clip with two little Russian dolls Dunder? It's really cute, I could totally see this stuff selling on Folksy/Etsy.

DunderMifflin Wed 07-Sep-11 20:51:19

Wow chirpchirp - good eyesight - yes it is!

Thanks blush

DunderMifflin Wed 07-Sep-11 20:55:05

I've uploaded an image of just the Russian dolls now

jenniepanda Wed 07-Sep-11 23:16:03

Have you got a facebook page? There are lots of sales of things going on just through facebook. As long as you've got a paypal account it's really easy. Plus you can soon create a big network of pages just by looking at the pages that other people like, or seeing who is posting on their wall. If you want to have a look at my page Cheeky Creations it might be a starting point for you.

bumpybecky Thu 08-Sep-11 16:27:37

Dunder they're lovely smile

there's a craft fair at dd1's upper school in Leighton Buzzard £20 for a table plus raffle donation. I've not been before (dd1 only just started) but there are 50 stall spaces, so sounds quite big IF you Pm me your email I can send you a form thing

purplepidjin Thu 08-Sep-11 17:59:57

Jennie, I've liked you from my business page

I marched with Send In The Troops a few times and am on 586 likers. Not all of those translate into sales, but I probably do £50 a month of bespoke stuff (I do a lot of SN stuff) which, bearing in mind it's all coming from a reputation on the SN boards here and facebook, is not too bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now