Talk

Advanced search

Christmas card ideas (sorry, know it's early, but just fancing doing something crafty!)

(11 Posts)
lilolilmanchester Sat 27-Aug-11 16:09:10

Dear crafters, I enjoy making cards - tho am by no means an expert. I really feel like making some cards over this long weekend, and thought I might just start on Christmas cards whilst I can take it slowly and enjoy it. Do any of you have Christmas card photos on your profiles so I can steal your ideas get some inspiration please? Or do you have any links to websites with good ideas?

Red2011 Sat 27-Aug-11 19:47:31

I don't want to think that far ahead! Here's a link to some of my cards, including Christmas ones:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.227932883694.136417.187762253694

lilolilmanchester Sun 28-Aug-11 09:07:09

oh wow, your cards are AMAZING red2011 and exactly to my taste. I'm not really thinking about Christmas at all but fancied making some cards. Might do some anniversary cards instead, leave the Christmas cards til it feels more right to be making Christmas cards!

lilolilmanchester Sun 28-Aug-11 09:07:45

(sorry, meant to say "thank you for sharing" Red)

Red2011 Sun 28-Aug-11 11:27:53

>blushing<

Thankyou kindly lilolilmanchester. When time permits (not likely given current circumstances) I want to make some Yule cards, and some for other occasions for other faiths. So, if there is something you'd like to see, just post some feedback on that page, with suggestions of what would be representative (Eg for a Muslim friend's wedding I was told 'no images' so we went for fancy script and colours to tone with her wedding stationery).
Do we get to see some of your cards at all? smile

Babieseverywhere Sun 28-Aug-11 11:39:52

Red2011, Love your cards smile

May I ask where you got the sticker/stamp/image for the pirate ship which you used on this card.

TIA

lilolilmanchester Sun 28-Aug-11 11:54:09

see my cards? I'd be too embarrassed having seen yours!! They're just fantastic

chirpchirp Mon 29-Aug-11 16:41:43

Not too early at all! In fact we've already had a wee chat about it over on the Christmas thread - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/Christmas/1283334-Anyone-making-their-own-cards-Ideas-please.

Links to the stuff that I'm going to make on there and the photo I'm going to use is in my profile.

notabadperson Mon 29-Aug-11 21:16:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lilolilmanchester Mon 29-Aug-11 21:48:59

thanks to so many of you for sharing your ideas- much appreciated and definitely no chance i'll be posting my sad efforts masterpieces after seeing your works of art!!!

MrsFrogg Tue 30-Aug-11 17:16:24

Red2011 - your cards are beautiful!

I have some in the Christmas folder here www.flickr.com/photos/39731994@N06/ and probably some more in the photostream that I haven't organised yet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now