Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What crochet items to sell at craft fairs?

(8 Posts)
Moanna Tue 23-Aug-11 14:31:26

Would anyone have any experience as to what would sell well at a Christmas craft fair?

It was suggested to me to make a few items and to take a table. I like the idea but what kind of reasonably quick/cheap items could I make?

All of my projects so far have been for close family or my children and more labours of love with regards to time taken and material costs.

Any ideas?

kellestar Tue 23-Aug-11 20:57:54

christmas tree ornaments are usually nice. Wristwarmers in funky colours [tubes with thumbholes], flower corsages, a few pretty scarves [popular are the linked large flowers]

Moanna Wed 24-Aug-11 08:21:11

Lovely thanks kellestar, Christmas ornaments are genius. Corsages/flower scarfs I can do.

Not entirely convinced it will be at all profitable!

BedHog Wed 24-Aug-11 08:33:41

These Converse baby boots are really popular. My friend sells them for £10-15 a pair and they sell much better than cheaper traditional bootees as they are so cool! I'm not sure how long they take to make.

purplepidjin Wed 24-Aug-11 09:22:38

I make the Baseball-style bootees, and have had a couplr of orders even from mates who dont' really "do" the whole homemade craft thing! They have a very wide appeal grin

Don't call them Converse, though, you'll get done for copyright. Baseball Style Bootees, High-top Sneakers... easily avoided wink

Thanks for the tip about the price, BedHog, I've been charging £8! Will up prices asap grin

purplepidjin Wed 24-Aug-11 09:23:37

PS about 2 1/2 hours if I have other stuff to do in between, 1 1/4 ish if I get the time to sit down and just do them!

bamboobutton Wed 24-Aug-11 09:24:55

little dog coats sold well when i sold stuff on ebay.

Moanna Thu 25-Aug-11 09:53:20

Thank you so much for all of these ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now