Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know where I can find a plain toy/blanket box?

(14 Posts)
TittyBojangles Thu 18-Aug-11 21:57:41

I am looking for a plain toy chest/blanket box that I can repaint and isn't too pricey. Any ideas? Have tried ebay.

nancy75 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:02:23

ikea.

It look ugly in the picture, but my dd has one which I painted pink and then painted Fairy's on to. It's not massive but is is only a tenner. on the down side it would mean you have to go to ikea to buy it!

TittyBojangles Thu 18-Aug-11 22:13:18

That would be perfect, but can you paint on the white panels ok?

TittyBojangles Thu 18-Aug-11 22:18:02

Just checked the dimensions, and I know you said it wasn't massive... but 8cm? I think they must have that wrong, surely!

nancy75 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:20:25

we bought it a few years ago, and i cant remember if the panels are white. You put the box together yourself so you could probably put the white bits facing inside the box - I doubt if both sides are covered.I do remember that i just painted ours with normal house paint, and it has sayed on fine.
You can get stuff that you can put on a shiny surface and then paint over it, but I can't think what it's called!

nancy75 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:21:47

Thats the size of it flat packed!

Assembled size

Length: 70 cm
Depth: 36 cm
Height: 29 cm

nancy75 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:25:22

they also do this my friend has one painted white in her hallway - it is bigger

AmaraDresden Thu 18-Aug-11 22:25:43

Argos have one for about 25 quid. We had one for years and it worked very well for us.

AmaraDresden Thu 18-Aug-11 22:25:43

Argos have one for about 25 quid. We had one for years and it worked very well for us.

TittyBojangles Thu 18-Aug-11 22:39:28

I am such an imbecile.... 8cm! blush

TittyBojangles Thu 18-Aug-11 22:43:16

Can't find the Argos one. I need one I can paint pics on so the fretwork one wont work. Good idea about turning the panels round on the ikea one though... I will have to have a look at it really. Which means a trip to Ikea, I HATE ikea! So any other ideas really gratefully received! Appreciate all your efforts.

nancy75 Thu 18-Aug-11 22:46:41

I agree about Ikea, it is like a hot day in hell!

There is this from argos (which is not much better than ikea). Otherwise they all seem to be very expensive for what is really just a box!

IzziesMummy Thu 18-Aug-11 23:08:45

I've got this this Argos one (slightly different from the one nancy75 linked to) and it can definitely be painted.

TittyBojangles Sat 20-Aug-11 09:01:27

I had seen that one in Argos Nancy, I think I might go for that cos it looks like it might be ok to paint, but more than I wanted to spend really its for a pressie. Hey ho. Could do with finding someone selling one second hand really!

Thanks for the link IzziesMummy, wonder if I could convince my DH to put a hinge on it? Hmmmm.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now