Talk

Advanced search

Polymer Clay - Who's a fan?

(16 Posts)
Clickncraft Mon 15-Aug-11 00:24:02

Hi all, I have a life long love of all things clay and work mainly with Polymer Clays like Fimo and Sculpey.

I was just wondering if there are any more Pclay fans out there, I'd love to know who you are so we can keep in contact and swop ideas/tutorials etc!

There's so much out there for papercrafters like scrapbookers and card makers, loads about knitting, sewing etc, but I hardly see any Pclay enthusiasts on these craft forums, and I feel a bit lonely in my craft sad

I have a blog (www.clicknclay.blogspot.com) where I post free video tutorials and pics about recently completed creations, but what I really want is a community of clay enthusuasts who would be able to discuss this great craft with me.

If you're a fan of the stuff then please don't read and run...speak up and let me know I'm not the only one who's totally addicted to clay!

nevergoogle Mon 15-Aug-11 01:00:34

I'm a fan. Not doing anything at the moment though.

What are you doing?

Bumperlicious Mon 15-Aug-11 22:35:42

I've not done anything like that since I was a young teen when fimo was all the rage grin

But I'd like to do some kiddie handprints for dh's birthday. Can you recommend a type of clay I could use?

Clickncraft Tue 16-Aug-11 14:33:22

Any good kit on Ebay will work well. Something like this or if you want to pay a bit more you could get one of these which are actually a 3D version of your childs hands/feet.

Polymer Clay is good for stamping images, but not if they have very fine detail like fingerprints and hand markings as it just wont show enough.

Hope this helps! And happy claying!

Clickncraft Tue 16-Aug-11 14:47:49

Hi Nevergoogle (I like your name - rings a bell with me as once I start I cant stop! lol)

I'm working on a personalised name box frame for my sister who's just had a baby (after 13 years of infertility can you believe it! shock)

The theme for his room is Winnie the Pooh so it's been fun trying to make all the characters. I will post some pics when I'm done, but for the moment you can view the one I made for my own daughter here

What crafts and projects are you up to at the moment?

nevergoogle Wed 17-Aug-11 21:54:06

lovely name box frame clickncraft.

i'm in the process of moving house so nothing creative happening here for now, but i'm hoping to get started on another mosaic once i'm settled.

TheOriginalNutcracker Wed 17-Aug-11 21:57:06

ME !!! I love it although i am a beginner so have only just got into it.

I made my friend some little Kokeshi dolls which she loved but i want to try and make some more detailed ones. Have also done a name plaque for my friends dd, and a keyring of the logo of the dance school my dd goes too.

TheOriginalNutcracker Wed 17-Aug-11 21:58:01

I can't find your blog, it says it has been removed

TheOriginalNutcracker Wed 17-Aug-11 21:58:36

Its ok, i found it grin

Clickncraft Thu 18-Aug-11 12:29:55

Nevergoogle - so you've made a mosaic before? Can you post pics? Would be interesting to see. I know you're busy but when you get a min, I'd love to see it and I'm sure others would too.

Clickncraft Thu 18-Aug-11 12:30:31

Nutcracker - Pics pics pics please!

nevergoogle Fri 19-Aug-11 18:38:14

yeah, i've done mosaic before. even sold some.
got £500 for one so must have been alright.
all my pics are stored on a hard drive that's packed away right now, i'll try to remember and come back and put some on.
i haven't done any proper mosaic for two years so looking forward to getting a project on the go for the winter.

nevergoogle Fri 19-Aug-11 18:39:14

oh, and i made some fimo scarab beetles for a mosaic I made.

TheOriginalNutcracker Fri 19-Aug-11 21:01:25

I will try and put some on my profile in a bit smile

TheOriginalNutcracker Fri 19-Aug-11 21:09:52

I don't seem to be able to log in to upload pics sad

Will try and put them elsewhere

Clickncraft Mon 22-Aug-11 21:12:10

TheOriginalNutcracker - You need a link thats working, do you have a website or a blog you can post your pics to?

Pity, would have loved to have seen those kokeshi dolls sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now