Talk

Advanced search

Dribble bibs/bandanas

(19 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 12-Aug-11 10:21:02

Hiya

I have seen these on a child & they look really good; much better than a bib

I have some fleece; does anyone have a pattern?

chirpchirp Fri 12-Aug-11 10:43:48

I used this one.

http://madquilter.blogspot.com/2009/06/free-bandana-bib-pattern.html

smile

chirpchirp Fri 12-Aug-11 10:44:05

madquilter.blogspot.com/2009/06/free-bandana-bib-pattern.html

Sorry here it is again.

irishqueen Fri 12-Aug-11 10:50:57

Oh make me some pls and ill happily pay! Got some off ebay last time. I hate bibs but baby no 3 is the dribbliest wee soul ever and these are great and look cute!

irishqueen Fri 12-Aug-11 10:50:58

Oh make me some pls and ill happily pay! Got some off ebay last time. I hate bibs but baby no 3 is the dribbliest wee soul ever and these are great and look cute!

KatyMac Fri 12-Aug-11 11:42:19

Thanks - that has a popper; do you think I could use velcro or tie them?

Pootles2010 Fri 12-Aug-11 11:45:13

Don't you find they just tear velcro off? I go for poppers every time!

But thank you so much for this thread, I love these but loathe to pay £5 for them.

BlueChampagne Fri 12-Aug-11 15:55:47

Fiver - I've seen them for nearly a tenner! Second a popper - lasts longer than velcro too.

Pootles2010 Fri 12-Aug-11 16:26:48

Tenner? Good lord. For a BIB?!

<considers making and selling bandana bibs>

KatyMac Fri 12-Aug-11 17:15:58

I don't think I know how to do poppers tho'

dizzyday07 Sat 13-Aug-11 01:30:32

To make my pattern, I just drew out a square and the cut it in half along the diagonal.

AnnetteTwitcher Sat 13-Aug-11 07:23:48

I made some of these recently as new baby gifts - they are super easy. I got nice fabrics and some vintage ribbon to trim but you could easily do with remnants. Mine have 3 layers: top decorative layer of whatever you fancy, next some interlining, not too heavy, then some plain White flannel for nice soft backing to go next to the skin.

I cut the pattern from a skibz bib someone bought my ds1 but made slightly bigger as I remember him being super dribbly all the way through teething and his skibz only fitted him until he was about 1.

Poppers were handsewn on to start with then I got ones you push through. DH had to do this bit as it needed a bit of welly.

Not sure exactly how much they cost me but guess I spent somewhere around £30 on fabric/poppers/ribbon and have made 12 bibs - much better value than buying them!

KatyMac Sat 13-Aug-11 21:31:29

I am thinking quantity not quality

I thought leftover fleece cut into triangles with zigzag scissors then knotted/sticky velcro'd

I am so lazy

AnnetteTwitcher Sun 14-Aug-11 02:45:04

Is fleece going to be very absorbent? I think you need something that won't repel liquid.

Totally down with being lazy though.

KatyMac Sun 14-Aug-11 08:05:55

Oh - the ones I saw were fleece

fifitot Sun 14-Aug-11 08:11:18

I have some off ebay which are cotton and fleece backed. The best ones are ones from Mothercare though which are cotton with a towelling back. I would go for towelling over fleece.

purplepidjin Sun 14-Aug-11 11:44:31

Best way is a layer of towel for absorbancy or fleece for waterproofing, and a layer of cotton or poly cotton. Sew wrong sides leaving a 3" gap, trim, turn, topstitch.

I have loads in stock, pm for details!

kellestar Sun 14-Aug-11 14:45:19

My MiL made some for DD, used flanalette sheet for it, absorbant and soft. I looked for brushed cotton as that's also meant to be cheap. Poppers were easier, i bought push fit metal ones, which wren't so much 'push' but hammer closed up good. Velcro and ties would come off.

So much cheaper to make and are lovely gifts.

huffpuff75 Thu 18-Aug-11 21:27:58

My mum's made loads for DS - we've been using t-shirting material. In fact recycling our old t-shirts that were a bit shapeless. It seems to be quite absorbent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now