Talk

Advanced search

Where might I get nice scrapbooks?

(6 Posts)
Ocarina Thu 11-Aug-11 13:39:42

Arty stuff's not usually me at all, so I'm wondering if you lot can help. After a recent significant event in my life I've got a load of cards and other bits and pieces I'd like to keep somehow, and am figuring probably the easiest thing to do is get a nice scrapbook to put them in (but without getting into anything complicated - I'm thinking pritt sticking cards onto pages already in a book!).

I found these and that looks like the sort of thing I want, but none of the designs they have appeal - I think I'd like something quite plain. Thus far googling has found me lots of scrapbooks you can add pages to and print them and all sorts, which I think is probably a bit beyond what I want - I'm just after a nice book really.

So, any suggestions where I might find such a thing? If it had a matching box I could keep some of the loose bits and pieces in then that would be all the better. All suggestions very welcome, I'm pretty clueless (in case you can't tell!)

cookielove Thu 11-Aug-11 22:11:56

Well the most likely place would be hobbycraft, but they are expensive and alot of their stuff is naff. Whsmiths also do scrap books are there any small independent crafty shops in your area, they may have what your looking for.

WholeLottaRosie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:30:38

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WholeLottaRosie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:33:57

WholeLottaRosie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:36:16

Ocarina Sun 14-Aug-11 11:33:50

Thanks for the suggestions. The nearest The Range is miles away which explains why I've never heard of them, and Hobbycraft's not close, but we do have a TKMaxx and I'd never have thought of them. I'll try there and WHSmith. Sadly the town I live in isn't exactly full of independent shops, but some of the villages nearby are so there may be crafty shops out there that I've never found - sounds like a challenge!

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now