Talk

Advanced search

Making baby handprints...how?

(7 Posts)
PrincessOfWails Wed 10-Aug-11 15:11:52

I want to make a handprint of my DS for my baby book. I've tried with paint, and his hands are clenched tight! How do people do this? He's 1mo.

Debs75 Wed 10-Aug-11 15:19:56

Do it when he is asleep maybe
Or try doing his feet as they don't curl as much

belgo Wed 10-Aug-11 15:21:09

This is why I'm so glad all of my children went to a creche. They did hand prints there so I've never had to bother.

PrincessOfWails Wed 10-Aug-11 15:48:38

LOL Belgo! DS1 went to creche - but they don't take them until they're 4mo here. Darn it! Done feet, though.
So, need to ask a special trained nursery nurse - how to do it, and how to get the paint off. Because my newborn has red paint under his fingernails now. blush (And still no handprint...)

kellestar Wed 10-Aug-11 16:08:10

I did prints using that ink that reacts with the certain type of paper, so you don't end up with muck everywhere. Bought a kit on eBay for a couple of quid and it was alright, recommend having more than one sheet of paper as DD wiggled about a bit and one print has 7 toes! smile I tried when she was asleep but it's hard to get it firmly pressed. I taped the corners onto a haynes manual [finally, a use!] and used that as a firm surface to press against. Don't forget with hands to roll palm to tips of fingers. rather than stamping down. same with feet heel to toes.

I've scanned mine into the PC to edit them. Took out the 6th and 7th toe. Recoloured for a few creative cards as presents.

kellestar Wed 10-Aug-11 16:10:13

aha! here it is save the moment on eBay

PotteringAlong Wed 10-Aug-11 16:26:11

Do you have a craft pottery / painting place near you? Our local one will put babies hand ir footprints onto plates and mugs etc for you and they take the prints!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now