Talk

Advanced search

drawing materials for 6yr old - what to buy?

(4 Posts)
roundabout1 Mon 08-Aug-11 13:30:35

Hi My dd is 6 in 2 weeks & very good at drawing - I'm not being boastful but it is true! She has the normal kids crayons, pencils etc. What can I buy her so that she can do other stuff? She went to an art workshop last month & they used pastels & then did a colourwash effect so I was thinking good quality paper, pastels & perhaps better quality pencils. Any other ideas. Other than this I'm really struggling for ideas as all thefamily have nicked my present ideas!

rockinhippy Mon 08-Aug-11 21:01:29

My own Dd loves anything arts & crafts especially drawing, painting etc & is apparently talented in this area too -

about that age along with other things, that she quickly lost interest in - we bought her her first paint brush pen set these they have been her favourites ever since & she's now 8.

Also you can get some great books with basic tutorials on drawing various animals etc, DD has some of the "to Draw" series, Funky Things is good for that sort of age (hinkler books), but there are others & she has loved to use those a lot those too

other than that - black paper & pastels went down well, as did poster paints & a couple of proper canvasses that she painted into artworks for her wall

Your DD might love this site too - mine does - it also saves you the reams of "artworks" she'll collect over the years wink Childrens Online Gallery

roundabout1 Wed 10-Aug-11 22:33:47

Thanks - I love that site, never heard of it before, am sure dd will love it too. Thanks for the ideas, off to have a look on amazon!

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 10-Aug-11 22:50:59

The Works sell loads of reasonable arty supplies if you have a shop near you. They are online too here but no idea what the online service is like because I call in when browsing and come out with a ton of bargain books I haven't got time to read.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now