Talk

Advanced search

projecting an image on a wall to paint

(8 Posts)
clangermum Wed 03-Aug-11 18:30:30

I'd like to draw a tree on our hall wall so that I can 'hang' family photos on the branches. (I've looked at tree decals and the ones I like are really expensive).

If I come up with a design on a piece of paper, is there a simple way of projecting it onto a wall to guide me? (I haven't got a projector so this is going to sound really dim, but I'm possibly overlooking another way of doing it using something I already have).

GiraffeAHolic Wed 03-Aug-11 18:58:55

This is probably a crazy suggestion but I'll carry on anyway grin

Could you draw your design on A4, scan into computer, increase size and print out in sections.

Attach all the pieces, cut out the design and use as a stencil.

Feel free to ignore smile

clangermum Wed 03-Aug-11 20:17:58

That might just work!

rockinhippy Thu 04-Aug-11 10:20:10

There is a website where you can upload a photo, presumably also a drawing & it converts it into A4 printable sections & for free, it looked pretty impressive as people had uploaded photos of the finished Murals on their walls

I did have it bookmarked but its still on our old HD, so I can't post it for you - sorry, but if you goole variations of DIY printable Murals you hopefully should find it - sorry can't be more help with a link

rockinhippy Thu 04-Aug-11 10:32:13

similar link in here - this one doesn't look free, but does the same job

clangermum Thu 04-Aug-11 11:15:00

that's amazing - thank you!

midnightexpress Thu 04-Aug-11 11:22:14

Could you borrow an overhead projector from a workplace/school. Then you could draw it onto a transparency and project it onto your wall.

<old gimmer>

clangermum Thu 04-Aug-11 11:26:29

midnight - dh's work might have one - I just haven't seen any around for so long, but it would be the simplest way probably

rockinhippy this seems to offering a free trial software version www.ronyasoft.com/products/proposter/download.html if anyone else is interested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now