Talk

Advanced search

spoonflower

(6 Posts)
NinjaChipmunk Tue 02-Aug-11 22:34:19

Has anyone ever heard of or used spoonflower? Or do you know of any uk based custom fabric printing places?
I;ve just got my new sewing machine and want to make some duvet sets and other bits and bobs. My degree was in printed textiles so am happy to draw up some designs but i have no facilities to print my own, let alone get something of the quality it looks like they do. Would be very interested to see if anyone has any suggestions.

BeehiveBaby Tue 02-Aug-11 22:38:12

I follow the blog of a lady who uses it a lot and bought one of her clothkits style items. The quality of both fabrica nd printing was lovely and the service quick, but perhaps pricy for a duvet? I am trying to choose a quilt cheater next.

NinjaChipmunk Tue 02-Aug-11 22:46:16

it looks like you can buy other peoples stuff from there too and there is some fabulous designs, so much more exciting/ unusual that the usual stuff. I know what you mean about pricey though. I found one uk place on google but it was £40 per metre and £20 (i think) for a sampler. might do something as a special present for someone i guess, but it certainly adds up if you want more than a metre of two.

Sn0wGoose Wed 10-Aug-11 11:10:17

I've bought from spoonflower! While it's expensive, the quality is as good as shop-bought quilting cottons and I'd use them again smile

NinjaChipmunk Wed 10-Aug-11 12:51:48

thanks sn0wgoose, glad to see the quality is good. when i have cash to splash i may get some stuff from there.

coldcomfortHeart Sat 13-Aug-11 20:20:38

I have only used them once for some labrador print fabric (for a quilt that had to have a labrador in it!) and was blown away by the beautiful choices. It wasn't cheap though, and I felt the quality wasn't great- the cotton felt thin (you can specify weight/type however) and I prewashed it and it shrank really oddly- more in one area than another. I would have complained but just needed to get the quilt done so made do. Hopefully a one-off but thought I'd share!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now