Talk

Advanced search

knitting for charity - recommendations?

(7 Posts)
DottyDot Sun 31-Jul-11 16:35:46

I'm an OK-ish knitter, prefer knitting smaller things to big adult-sized clothes and have just been given a load of wool (bags full!) by a friend. It's fantastic and I was thinking I could maybe do some knitting for charity - have googled and there are tons of websites out there but I was wondering if anyone already does this and can recommend one?

And I've just started on Slimming World so anything that can keep my hands out of the biscuit tin occupied would be brilliant... grin

SoupDragon Sun 31-Jul-11 17:39:10

Lisa's Stars for premature and stillborn babies smile

PrettyCandles Sun 31-Jul-11 18:10:09

John Lewis in Reading provides free patterns for premature baby clothes and blankets. They have a hamper in the haberdashery department for people to put the made-up items in, which they then deliver to the NNICU at Royal BERKS Hospital.

Elk Sun 31-Jul-11 18:14:06

I just started a thread about the 'big knit 2011' for age concern. It is knitting small hats which go on bottles of innocent drinks.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/arts_and_crafts/1270562-the-Big-Knit-2011

DottyDot Sun 31-Jul-11 21:40:23

ooh - thanks all will take a look at all of them smile

LatteLady Mon 01-Aug-11 22:38:25

The Knitter magazine has a new charity this year - Refuge - they are asking for blankets for every person who has to stay at a refuge - in each of their mags they have a couple of designer squares but you can make your own

LatteLady Mon 01-Aug-11 22:38:48

...Oops take a look and see if it appeals to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now