Talk

Advanced search

Charity crochet for premature babies

(9 Posts)
DillyTante Wed 27-Jul-11 21:44:35

I'm just posting a link to my dillytante.wordpress.com blog to show some teeny crochet teddies I made to send to Lisa's Stars. I know purplepijin does a lot of stuff for them, I thought I'd take on the mantle of evangelising!

DillyTante Wed 27-Jul-11 21:45:56

I'm a regular who name changes for blog related stuff by the way, I haven't just landed on here to promote my blog!

DillyTante Thu 28-Jul-11 20:05:23

Just bumping again smile

SoupDragon Sun 31-Jul-11 14:24:11

Mine are much shorter and fatter than yours. They must be going to a lot of picnics.

purplepidjin Mon 08-Aug-11 19:55:04

Whoo, just found this after a week in Poland with the youth club - thanks Bumper Dilly and Soupie! feel free to share the pattern with people you know will use it for charity stuff wink

SoupDragon Tue 09-Aug-11 09:53:08

I now have the left over bit of a 100g ball of cream yarn I had to buy to finish DDs blanket because I was about 1.5m short on yarn. Still, perhaps they will look better than the rainbow ones.

I think mine will need an extra row or two between the paws to make them a little taller and less portly.

I also need to find the contact for my preferred hospital as it is where I was in SCBU and a friend lost her premature firstborn son at 24 weeks or so. Although, of course, it really doesn't matter where they go.

purplepidjin Tue 09-Aug-11 14:02:32

Lisa's stars has two ways to donate - you can send to the PO box and your items will be sent where they're most needed, or you can contact your local rep and your items will go to a specific hospital. If there's not a rep for your hospital, you can volunteer - which i think just involves items being posted to you and then you drop them off every so often?

SoupDragon Tue 09-Aug-11 16:38:22

From what I could work out from the website, there is a rep for "my" hospital.

Not that it matters, really. It just feels right.

purplepidjin Tue 09-Aug-11 16:42:12

I'm signed up and approved for the forum (it takes a couple of days) if you'd like me to post on your behalf - PM me any location stuff if you'd prefer smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now