Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone struggle with buying fabric online?

(11 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Sun 24-Jul-11 13:53:14

I know there are tons of suppliers, but I want to buy

3 different cotton prints (100% cotton) in a contemporary design
2 cotton prints (can be polycotton) in halloween designs
1 cotton or poly cotton print in a baby boy stylee
1 vogue pattern

and I am completely overwhelmed. Different sites, some with vat some without, different delivery charges, some have one thing I want and some have a few, but i wanted to consolidate the order.

Plus i want to have a bit of a feel.

I am quite experienced at shopping online, but I have given up. I think I am going to have to trial round all the shops in he area in the hope of finding what I want.

MumblingRagDoll Sun 24-Jul-11 20:09:53

Ebay. Or here for the contemp cotton asthey have GORGEOUS prints....I think you will find it a bit hard looking for a shop which has nice cotton and also sells polycotton....although this shop is good for polys and cotton I think!

PonceyMcPonce Sun 24-Jul-11 20:35:02

Thanks for that. I love the 50s range on fabric rehab. Worth the postage I think

SewCrafty Sun 24-Jul-11 22:09:46

You probably don't want more website recommendations do you?? Ah well......

www.fabricland.co.uk are lovely and cheap, if you can bear the website, you have to ring or email an order in though. Unless you have one local to you.
www.dittofabrics.co.uk have been good for me. They do samples too.
www.cottonpatch.co.uk for lots of lovely patchwork fabrics from lots of designers.

Can't beat and Abakhan shop (northwest) I'm able to pop to one this week whilst visiting family. Fab.

Have fun!

PonceyMcPonce Sun 24-Jul-11 22:23:47

Always love a recommendation!

overmydeadbody Mon 25-Jul-11 09:26:45

I feel your pain. When I first started out I was overwhelmed with all the online shops, andended up spending hours browsing through all the fabric but never ordering anything.

Then I decided things were getting ridiculous. I chose one online shop (efabrics) and just ordered from them. The fabric arrived, it was better than I had imagined, and they posted really quickly too.

A few months later I gave Doughty's online a go, they had a sale on their fabric. I ordered, it took ages to arrive (2 weeks) but the fabric was fine.

I tihnk you just need to stick with one shop, and then try another one at a different date.

rockinhippy Thu 04-Aug-11 10:37:11

Another one to recommend Fabricland - the website is awful, but I'm lucky to have a shop here & they are great.

I can also recommend Ditto too - again I have a shop nearby, but nice quality & prints, though generally more expensive than Fabricland, so always check there firstwink

BearfootRunner Thu 04-Aug-11 10:45:25

<stands up> My name is Bear and I'm a Fabric Addict grin.

Try here. Lovely fabrics and speedy delivery too.

More economical, fab service (and humorous descriptions) try here.

Another vote for FabricRehab too.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 05-Aug-11 10:52:15

I have used http://www.efabrics.co.uk good postage rates and fast delivery.

On ebay Favourite Fabrics is another one i have used, some of it is a bit pricey but again fast delivey.

http://www.jbquiltingfabrics.co.uk/shop/ and their sister site http://www.jbsewingbox.co.uk are both very good as well.

Romilly70 Fri 12-Aug-11 17:15:38

What a useful thread! I'm in france and looks cheaper to order online than buy locally...
Does anyone have any recommendations for vintage style upholstery fabrics to buy online. (We are renovating an old stone cottage and i would like to find some suitable fabrics for curtains, cushions etc.)

I am especially keen on toile de jouiy, ginham, vintage florals - many thanks!
smile

Stillchuckingit Sun 14-Aug-11 19:59:14

I'm in Belgium and buy from here (particularly good for ginghams)

Lovely trims available too

Good service

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now